Question regarding a large meeting engagement that is actually an attack for me…

The problem with meeting engagements is that they always turn into a mad dash for the victory location, and the guy who gets there first is very likely to be the winner.

You can buy smoke rockets and artillery, but that will only set you back more points, so you end up attacking with less forces than the defender. And all else being equal, you'd need considerably more points, since you are effectively the attacker.

Adding that you said your opponent is more skilled than you, I don't see how you are going to win this one. But of course it can be fun playing it out anyway. Good luck.
I’m in agreement with the loss of points for ground forces if I blow 1/5 of my purchase points on arty… I’m re assessing my plan.
More on map long range HE shells from armour might be better than dropping it without favourable results…. If I have a solid Overwatch for my advance I will have the maneuver freedom I need to choose my advance and target match ups….

;-)

This is why I always prefer to play Attack-Defend battles. As you said, a ME very often is just a mad rush to seize the objective and then the other guy has to attack but without a numerical advantage. Very gamey and not very interesting to me, so I try not to play ME battles at all.
I agree attack/defend matches are where it’s at…

I should adjust this beautiful map for such an occasion….

Back
Top Bottom