Quick battle problems

B

Bidermann

Is any body having trouble setting up quick battles? Me and Hedge are . I set the battle send the Quick battle 001, hedge sends it back to me as 002 and it will not load just hangs at 5% loading . I tried all sorts of parameters but no joy. We are running v2 and if we send a scenario it will open and play but no quick battle will

I had the "5% freeze" too when I was trying to start a game with Idi94. So I can tell you what we did - but I'm not a computer expert who might give you "the technical" explanation:

It was meant to be an Axis attack and in order to avoid the setup zone bug, I picked a map and re-painted the setup zones already square by square and saved it as an Axis attack map. But we did not start with the battle immediately for some reason but were waiting a few days due to some delay. THEN CAME PATCH 1.11 and three days later UPGRADE 2.0 .

After that we started on the map that has been changed/created manually BEFORE the patch and upgrade. When I was trying to load turn #002 then from my opponent, the screen freezed at 5%.

So I deleted the "old" re-created map and made a new one (re-painted( in version 2.0 and we started again, everything completely new and fresh in version 2.0. Now it works properly! :)

Just as a general information: Before installing the Upgrade 2.0 you need to have installed the patch 1.11 .

Hopefully I could help you.

I Wonder if Hedge installed 1.11 then 2 I will ask him thank you for the info

I still have a problem with QB,s, they just hang at 5%. So I tried installing patch 1.11 again and then 2 but no joy. Is there a way of a complete fresh install of the game?

Yes, of course, it's very easy. First of all - just to avoid any "homemade" hassle - turn off your antivirus software for all cases.

Uninstall the game by using the uninstall button from the game itself - NOT "unistall software" from Windows7 (this will start the unlicensing process - but we do not want to "unlicense" yet).

After the game has been uninstalled DO NOT clean up the registry - this will eliminate you license! I also never delete my "Battlefront" folders that the game has created itself during the installation process.

Then - without a restart of the computer - the game can be installed again by clicking on the setup.exe (run as administrator). Let the game install itself to the directory where it wants to go. On my PC it is "own documents" and not "programmes(86)" e.g.

First you install CMBN basis game vers. 1.00 (answer the question "create desktop icons?" with "no").
Disregard Patch 1.01 (it is only for those who do not have CW Forces).
Then install CW Forces (now you have version 1.10. (answer the question "create desktop icons?" with "no").
Then install patch 1.11 (answer the question "create desktop icons?" with "no").
The install Upgrade 2.0 (answer the question "create desktop icons?" with "YES").

And at last, re-activate your anitvirus programme and make sure that all your important files (e.g. "CM Normandy.exe") are excluded from virus-scans. I for one have even
blocked my complete Battlefront folders from any virus scans.

Then rightclick on the Normandy desktop icon and say "run as administrator".

Now it should work! ;)

Hopefully I could help you.

I am getting this message with quick battles

Attachments

• CMBN problems.gif
    CMBN problems.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 6
With a "fresh, new" battle or when trying to load an old file from a running game?

If I send you a quick battle set up, Shorker send it back to and I will see if can open the file you send to me

Don't know - file has been returned already... I'm also waiting for the result. ;)

it doesn't work... when loading turn #002 it freezes at 5% too. :(

Last idea that I have: Could it be something with Windows 8 maybe? I'm using Windows 7.

Maybe some people in the BF Forum have experienced the same and found a solutuon in between - or you open
a ticket at the customer service helpdesk of BF.

I'm sorry that I could not help you to solve the problem. :(

Thanks for the help, it is very strange scenarios work but QB,s dont .

I have the same problem - scenarios are ok but QB's fail to load.

I wonder if any body could send me through drop box a folder with all the quick battle maps in please provided you have all ready upgraded to 2.0 to see if that will fix it

OK, let's try that - why not! :)

Just send me a dropbox invite, please.

OK, Nat, I will be happy to do a game with you but it should be a ladder game, please (cos I need the "thrill" *gg! :cool:) . Set something up - whatever you want - no extra rules - carte blanche! ;)

Back
Top Bottom