Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Red thunder AAR including Video Between myself and Nemesis

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought a Nashorn and two panthers and a bunker and two 75mm Halftracks plus some other odd sorted plus an infantry company reinforced with another platoon and add hoc units.

I decided controlling rail line running down centre of the map was key factor to defending this map. I allocated a panther and the Nashorn pretty much on the rail line with a view of one end to the other, initially I placed the nashorn close to the Edge of map which would of given it a 2.5km range to engage the soviets in a duel. I had great faith in the Nashorn long range gun and optics and knew it would be a real challenge for the soviet tanks at the range, My first mistake was made at the last minute of setup I suddenly decided Nemesis wouldn’t duke it out for the rail line and most likely would cross over and come through wood on my left flank. So I took the mines off the rail track and put them covering the entry points into wood on my left flank and moved the Nashorn closer to about 1.4km from where I expected the Soviets would cross. With the closer range would give me more of a chance in hitting his armour on the move and a Nashorn carried a limited supply of ammo and didnt want to waste them. Rest of army deployed at key areas of map. The first 10 turns or so there was no sound or sight of anything. I was quite happy watching the clock tick down. But I did know something was happening. After about 13-14 odd turns the smoke shells started to land on rail line covering his side. Game was up. I was expecting by now his armour was crossing over to the left flank as expected. That's fine I was happy with that as had moved a few Shreck teams well forward on that flank and was expecting to get some easy kills and then his armor would also get tangled up in my mines. All good stuff I thought...Until...I saw the smoke start to clear then I saw this Armada of soviet armour. 8 to be precise. A Mix of T34/85 and SU100's and facing them I had my Nashorn and panther at a range of 1.4km. I instantly berated myself for making the last minute adjustment to the deployment of the Nashorn, It was designed for this. However nothing I could do now so I wanted it duke it out...soviets fired first with all shots going astray Nashorn returns fire and gets a direct hit and kill on a T34, my panther misses, Again soviets fire with all shots wildly off target...over the course of the exchange of fire my Nashorn gets another 3 kills for a total of 4 when it takes a direct hit and is knocked out. My panther took a direct hit which killed two crew but the gun and tracks where ok, and it withdrew. One Nashorn lost for 4 soviet tanks. His infantry started pushing down both flanks and I left a few formations behind in ambush positions to hold him up. with Soviet infantry now securing the flanks of rail way track and soviet armor rolled forward down the middle, engaged both my panthers and killed them. His armor was now in a dominant position and could cover his infantry advance. At this point other than armor losses I has lost very little, but once his armor added weight to the attack my losses started to mount. The game was up but I hung in there for a little while in hope I get a tank or two, my 75mm Halftrack landed to heat rounds on a T35/85 forcing the crew to bail...But that was the last bit of good news, despite taking huge losses to some good defense the soviet troops pressed on, numbers become overwhelming and to save anymore loss of life the German commander capitulated. Well done to Nemesis.

We'll have to get a battle going sometime early next year. Gotta full CM plate at the moment. I think last time we played was in a tourney like 2-3 yrs ago or something.

Yea next year will suit me as well, for sure. Dont think we have ever played a QB that's my game think about what you want to play. Not really into Tourneys to much not my thing

Back