Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Replacement player for Clash of Civilisations II at Slitherine's?

kronenblatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm running a nice five-player tournament (link here: Clash of Civilisations II), where there's a player not having appeared for a while. So I'm looking for someone who could step in for him. We're currently in round 4 (out of the maximum 7). Interested?

Clash of Civilisation II covers a thousand years, from 1600 BC to 600 BC, with four major factions (Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, and Hittites) fighting against the minor factions in the fertile crescent regions. Players will fight with and against many different army list over the centuries, applying minor factions both as allies and as defending opponents. You attack with the major factions accompanied by minor factions as allies, and also defending with minor factions. But you are allowed to select a minor faction only once (whether as attacker's ally or defender's main army), in order to ensure variety. The tournament may run the full seven rounds or end prematurely as soon as one player can claim victory through having won either with or against all four major factions.

m7x4YgF.png

rcwEmUI.png
cS1X5uv.png

Last edited:
Looks fun though.
Yes, it is, among the funniest that I’ve developed of my more simple tournaments, due to the variety in armies and opponents in each new battle, along with some strategic considerations which armies to select for each time period and opposition, and thus which to forego in the future.:)

@kronenblatt - I really lamented my inability to finish this last year. My surgeries are behind me and I'm considering some light-hearted gaming again. I still need to ease back into it but I'd be interested in joining another round of this sometime next year. Please keep me in mind as the circumstances allow. Thanks for running these.

@kronenblatt - I really lamented my inability to finish this last year. My surgeries are behind me and I'm considering some light-hearted gaming again. I still need to ease back into it but I'd be interested in joining another round of this sometime next year. Please keep me in mind as the circumstances allow. Thanks for running these.
Nice to hear from you and that you're doing better. :) Campaigns will be run here as well as at Slitherine's, so hopefully you'll feel well enough to participate later. Take care and stay safe.

Hi @Badger73 - so good to see you around these parts again and hear you are doing better.
Hit me up for a casual friendly FOG game if you’re keen.

Back