Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia

kronenblatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I've adapted the Return to Magna Graecia campaign on Little Wars TV [LINK] to a Field of Glory II:Ancients context. (And got the permission from them to adapt it as well, if giving credits.)

You just need to see the the videos for the different turns on Youtube; it's highly entertaining! You WILL then want to participate! :) [LINK]

It's a campaign of five turns but involves more than just FoG battles: it's more a board game with FoG elements therein.

I could consider playing as Pyrrhus, and would then some of you be interested to take part; maybe playing as the Roman consul for just one round, in order to keep your involvement manageable? Or if someone else would like to play Pyrrhus, that could be fine too.

A GM, rolling dice and keeping information about armies, etc.., secret, could maybe also be useful for ensured objectivity. :)

I've got the ready made rules in pdf in case you'd like to have a peek.

Example map here:

1696539464298.png

Last edited:
Here are the rules, after all.

Attachments

• RoMG - FOG-adapted rules FINAL.pdf
    461.1 KB · Views: 9
This is very cool — love that concept and rule set and have been adapting it for a fictional FOG Medieval campaign (still in the works).

I’ll have a look at your adapted rules.

It could use a GM to handle the die rolls secret info, keeping track of each side's Operations chits of the and die rolls - I might be up for that role.

For die rolls one could use online die roll sites like: https://www.rolldicewithfriends.com/

Are you hosting it on Slitherine?

Last edited:
Can you send it to me? -- wouldn't mind having a go at adding some nicer-looking control, game, action and army markers ...and also maybe add the die-roll tables for actions/movements on to the map for easier reference.
Absolutely, make a suggestion. Here we go, this is the original map. (Please let me know if you want it sent another way and/or in a different format.)

Attachments

• Return_to_Magna_Graecia.jpg
    Return_to_Magna_Graecia.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
@kronenblatt -- here a first draft of my update of the map.

To have maximum information at hand without having to refer to the rulebook, I've inserted the die roll tables on to the map for easy reference... and also a table to keep track of the Operations.
(From left to right: Fleet Action (Phyrrus only), Diplomacy, March and Siege.

Control markers for Rome, Carthage and Phyrrus... and army markers for each (not sure which colour to go with for the Carthaginians -- green or yellow.

Also battle and siege markers at bottom as well.

Phyrrus campaign map sample.jpg

I've gone through the rules -- think they will work really well -- although I would suggest dropping the GENERAL'S TRAIT as perhaps an uneccessary complication?

Thanks!

• Operations and Momentum Tables look nice.
  • But the Roman army and operation markers are too pink. Should be more red.
  • Apart from that, army, operation, and control markers overall are great (maybe could be a bit more (darker) blue and green (green preferable to Carthage)).
  • The siege and battle markers at the bottom a bit too cartoonish. Plus that I don't think they're needed: two hostile armies in the same spot will indicate a battle anyway (because otherwise one would retreat).
  • Tables should be taken from my rules, since the ones you have pasted from original rules aren't entirely applicable. (EDIT: Which font is the most similar to the one on the map? Then I can create the tables with that, or if you want to, if I provide you with the rules in .doc format?)

Last edited:
Version 2 of the map.

Upped the reds and blues and also greens for Carthage.

(colours always tricky -- no two computer or device screens are ever the same)

Rules tables updated.
Two remaining things:
  1. Diplomacy table: Samnite City (Rome): -1 (not +1).
  2. Please change to FLEET ACTION TABLE, and add colons :)) (in line with other tables, but remove colon in modifiers part) and also should read 6 or higher (not 6-10).
Apart from that, really nice!

Back