Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia

One last thing -- are you guys happy for me as GM to do the die rolls using an online Dice Room https://www.rolldicewithfriends.com/

You tell me what operation you want to do and I roll the dice -- each roll is labelled/named and can be tracked - and we play out the result.

Other option is player decides in operation/action and logs into dice room and rolls 10 sided dice himself .

Looks something like this -- in space where it says "Rico Test" you type in Room Name (will be something like "Pyrrhus Campaign")

Find it here: https://www.rolldicewithfriends.com/rooms/ricotest

1696922237839.png

Then type in tag for your roll, select 10-sided dice and make your roll -- simple - afterwards we can add or subtract modifiers. if necessary.
We can all have access to check the rolls.

1696922349837.png

One last thing -- are you guys happy for me as GM to do the die rolls using an online Dice Room https://www.rolldicewithfriends.com/

You tell me what operation you want to do and I roll the dice -- each roll is labelled/named and can be tracked - and we play out the result.

Other option is player decides in operation/action and logs into dice room and rolls 10 sided dice himself .

Looks something like this -- in space where it says "Rico Test" you type in Room Name (will be something like "Pyrrhus Campaign")

Find it here: https://www.rolldicewithfriends.com/rooms/ricotest

View attachment 30038

Then type in tag for your roll, select 10-sided dice and make your roll -- simple - afterwards we can add or subtract modifiers. if necessary.
We can all have access to check the rolls.

View attachment 30040
Yes, if ok with you, it would be great if you could conduct all die rolls.

I've pretty much done 99% of the Vassal module, I only noticed the Drop Box invite this morning.

This is how the map looks when you open the game, as far as I got.

I need a turn tracker chit.

sRBG4jt.jpg

One last thing -- are you guys happy for me as GM to do the die rolls using an online Dice Room

No need, Vassal has that covered.

Type into the UI and press enter to get the dialogue, for dice results click on the dice icon.
Notice the icon with the two arrows, this to the retire button to switch sides and should be only used by the GM.

6tVLkcH.jpg

The momentum tracker doesn't have a zero value.
The momentum chits are identical to the control chits.

SggXmS1.jpg

The operations.

I have put a 'mask' properties on the operation chits (right click on the piece and select mask).

Example of the Pyrrhus player point of view, chits to the left are masked, right unmasked, only the player side and the GM can see them.

rDdNVEV.jpg

Pieces palette.
PvX5pO7.jpg

I guess most of you haven't spent more than five minuets on vassal so I'll give a quick tutorial.

When you begin your turn, click on 'file' - 'begin logfile' and then your prompted to 'save as'. Play your turn, click on 'file' - 'end logfile' send your logfile to the GM, he will be able to play back your turn, once that has completed he'll be prompted to 'begin new logfile?' click no, do GM stuff click the retire button change to the other player's side the save the game and pass it on.

EDIT:
I should really have put a link for the Vassal module LINK

Last edited:
Updated the module link
I've checked out the module: really cool! :)

Noticed a typo (Tstentum, should read Tarentum) plus that it seems that Heraclea is not registered on the map, since when I put a marker there, it says "offboard".

Pyrrhus Army I moves Tstentum → offboard *

I've checked out the module: really cool! :)

Noticed a typo (Tstentum, should read Tarentum) plus that it seems that Heraclea is not registered on the map, since when I put a marker there, it says "offboard".

Pyrrhus Army I moves Tstentum → offboard *

Thanks for the feed back, it was a rush job (5 hrs).

EDIT: Made corrections and also added 'Solo Plyer' option to player side. LINK v1.2

Last edited:
Back