Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Royal Ulster Rifles in Cyprus 1957/58

Hi Dave thank you for getting back to me I am only logging on here after a while. Shane did give me your email address back in december and I had sent you an email but you maybe didn't get it. My mum isnt sure if he was a Cpl or not. She has never met him and we have been trying to track him for years. His brother Bob (Robert) was also in the army in the same regiment we believe. My mum thinks her dad went to Germany after he left Ballymena.
Thanks
Laura
Hi Dave, just wondering if you recalled anything again. Or if you even know pf anyone I could get in touch with for some info or even a photo
Thanks so much
Laura

Ok its time to get this thread running again for the simple reason that folk seem to be gravitating towards it looking for information regarding their relatives. I want to help any way I can. :)

A lot of these have come from former RUR man Dave Cranston. If you knew Dave and want to get in touch private message me for contact details.

A%2010_zpskpk7twn1.jpg

A6_zpsmgymwexk.jpg

Hi Dave, just wondering if you recalled anything again. Or if you even know pf anyone I could get in touch with for some info or even a photo
Thanks so much
Laura
Amazing that they were most likely mates and possible sparring partners back in the day.
Does anyone know how I post a question on here I am new to this. Thank you. Jean

This is my dad on the right hand side called Jock Currie. Kavolos Beach 1958.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305-174528_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305-174528_Messenger.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 10
This is a great thread - thoroughly enjoying reading all the info and looking at the photos.

Thanks to all who have contributed - keep it going lads!

Steve

Guys this is just a personal project that Im doing at present for my father. He served in The Royal Ulster Rifles in Cyprus in the 50's and his eye sight isnt as good as it once was and he is having trouble looking over his old service pictures and has asked me to touch them up and enlarge them for him.

I have started to do this and thought I may as well share them with you guys. It may be of no interest but as I said its a personal project of my own. Feel free to comment.
My dad served in Cyprus at that he was Jim Currie known as Jock. Any info about him.would be great. Thank you. Jean

I'm a little late to the conversation, but my grandfather was also stationed in Cyprus amongst other places with the Royal Ulster Rifles. I only have two photos saved but I will look through the albums with him and will post more. If anyone does have any questions about other members, I will be happy to ask him :)

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back