Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Sale on Command Ops 2 modules

Okay, so "Command Ops 2: Patton's Charge Vol. 8" is now "in progress" for almost a year as "Command Ops 2: Bradley at Bay Vol. 8"
Yet Lock'N'Load Publishing has provided less information about this module than Battlefront has about their pending CMx2 patches and games! :shocknaz:
Has anybody heard anything about where CO2 vol 8 is and when it might become available?

Last I saw was a combination of working for an upgrade (not patch) of the engine so I assume the module will be released after that. Also, the head dev had some computer/tech problems that had to be taken care of, migration of databases and such fun stuff, that put yet another delay on things. Stay tuned ...

Okay, so "Command Ops 2: Patton's Charge Vol. 8" is now "in progress" for almost a year as "Command Ops 2: Bradley at Bay Vol. 8"
Yet Lock'N'Load Publishing has provided less information about this module than Battlefront has about their pending CMx2 patches and games! :shocknaz:
Has anybody heard anything about where CO2 vol 8 is and when it might become available?

Ninety (90) days have passed since @rocketman's last update. Any current news? What's the word on where this stands? Thank you.

Well, the latest I read was that the dev is still having tech problems of sorts I don't understand, but causes constant delays. Any time soon they said about a week ago. So you'll never know really. From what I can tell the module will be released along with an upgrade of the engine (not free, not necessary to play the game but with enhancements).

The devs seem to run into endless problems with the upgrade. Once they think they have solved the game breaking problem it crops up again. And there is soooo much code to go through, made by several different coders. Last thing I heard the other day was promising, but nothing for sure. My impression is that the new module will be released along with the upgrade.

Thanks!

I really love Combat Mission, but I think that due to the chosen scale (grand-tactical/operational) CO2 is set on a level that is slightly more interesting/creative for a WWII game and creates slightly more plausible/realistic narrations.
In Combat Mission, with its narrow focus on a single engagement of up to 2 hours, I have the impression that it's more about the tactical "craft" - doing things the right/best way. And as players typically want to see some action in these 2 hours, scenarios are often overly bloody and force players to engage against reasonable odds. In CO2, by contrast, with scenarios streching over several days, it's more about outwitting the opponent, it's more an "art" as you have more options at your disposal. There are also more variables that come into play (day/night positions, considerations of supply routes, more emphasis on recon, unit speed/motorization matters a lot, etc)

I'm really looking forward to playing CO2 H2H once it is fixed. The AI doesn't pose too much of a challenge. Unfortunately, both players need to be online at the same time. It's all (pausable) real-time.

I'm really looking forward to playing CO2 H2H once it is fixed. The AI doesn't pose too much of a challenge. Unfortunately, both players need to be online at the same time. It's all (pausable) real-time.

Perhaps a sunday we could work something with the seven hours of difference.

Sure!
But somehow I fear it might take the devs a few more years to fix the multiplayer issue. :( I've been trying to make it work against two opponents, using Hamachi and all that stuff. But we always got de-synched.

Bump again. 18 months later and still in the works! :shocknaz:
The multi-player de-sync issue appears to be a developer's worst nightmare.
What news about the long time pending release of Lock'n'Load / Panther Games "Command Ops 2: Vol. 8" either as Patton's Charges or Bradley at Bay?

No news on the module as far as I know, but suspect it will be released along with the upgrade. Whenever they sort out all the tech problems. Latest update the other day was promising at least. Soon...?

Are there big differences between CO 1 and 2?

Well, mostly the interface in CO 1 you have and static form to present information, but in CO2 you can rearrange the presentation of the tabs and what you need to do it. But forms has its strengths and flaws, but I like both.

The AI in CO2 seems more developed (it's newer code, duh) and there is more incoming (the monted/dismonted actions and cav operations among others).

CO2 has the Mediterranean scenarios that CO1 doesn't have. They include Greece, Crete, Malta and Africa on 41.

I think that's all.

Back