Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Greatest Ladder Challenge Ever Offered

Meat Grinder

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
You bunch of numb nuts make me laugh. Not a single one of you can even come close to even offering me the slightest challenge.

This is a one time offer. I'll play a quick battle with the biggest badass of all you losers, but it's gotta be someone from outside the United States of America.

Say what? You heard right. Bring it on. ;-) Ladder game. WW2. You choose parameters, I choose sides. ;-)

Ok ok :p
I'll have your challenge in the new year, after some of my current games have finished.

I have been a bit enthusiastic with starting games, and two more coming up so I hope someone else from Team World can keep you busy for the moment ;-)

@Stafford it is! Thanks, mates, for taking my challenge in the spirit it was intended. :) @Lethaface, you and I will have to dance later.

@Stafford , go ahead and pick out a map and parameters. I have to work long hours for the next four days, so it will be Tuesday before I can take a look at what you pick out. I have all the WW2 games. I'm also open to a scenario, if you would prefer that.

@Stafford and I couldn't quite come to terms re: house rules, so I'm still open for this. @Lethaface, PM me or post here when you have room for a game.

When it comes to "house rules", I'm a minimalist. Basically the only house rules I use are no preplanned arty/air strikes for the defender in a probe/attack/assault, no preplanned arty/airstrikes for either side in a meeting engagement, and no TRPs in a meeting engagement. If my opponent insists on having a points percentage limit for armor, I will often agree to it, so that's not a deal breaker.

@Meat Grinder cool we can work with those rules, I don't really mind rules one way or the other as long as they're clear for both sides (the only thing I'm really against is bombarding the setup zone of an attacker).
I usually prefer attack/defend instead of ME QBs where the start is more like a race-rally compared to a battle ;-). Although a good map could make a meeting engagement interesting tactically I suppose.
Size: medium / large?

Lemme check how some things turn out; I have some ongoing games while the Field Warrior tournament is just starting, apart some other prior commitments. Also with December being December I want to make sure I don't overcommit. I need to bring my best game for this challenge ;-).

Don't get me wrong, I do occasionally enjoy having special rules. I've had some great fun with rules such as "nothing larger than an armored car", etc. But, since this is ladder and this is our first game, we will keep it more traditional. Yea, attack/defend is fine. Medium/Large is fine. You pick the game, map, and parameters, I choose sides.

Yeah traditional is better for a ladder game I think. Will be my 2nd / 3rd ladder game anyway (second one was forfeited because AWOL of opponent).

Ok all fine, just one condition: after we played the first battle we will play a second one (no hurry though, rest & refit allowed), in which you'll have to pick the settings and lemme choose sides. :)

Edit: to be clear it might take a while, hope to get it started in a few weeks; might be earlier might be early 2021.

Ok all fine, just one condition: after we played the first battle we will play a second one (no hurry though, rest & refit allowed), in which you'll have to pick the settings and lemme choose sides. :)

Sure. I would hate for you to lie awake at night thinking "I only lost to MG because he chose sides."

Edit: to be clear it might take a while, hope to get it started in a few weeks; might be earlier might be early 2021.

No problem. I know it takes a while to screw your courage to the sticking place. You are already doing better than most men by even accepting my challenge. I shall patiently wait. ;-)

Sure. I would hate for you to lie awake at night thinking "I only lost to MG because he chose sides."

Yup I discovered your secret weapon :ROFLMAO: Plus indeed I value a good night rest.

No problem. I know it takes a while to screw your courage to the sticking place. You are already doing better than most men by even accepting my challenge. I shall patiently wait. ;-)

Patience is a virtue. Also I have to tinker about a paradoxical setup which lures you into choosing the wrong side ;-)

Perhaps in a future battle I'll create a DAR in which you are allowed to view your own defeat playing out while you are suffering it, but for the moment I'm fine thanks. The ladder thread post will indeed be a good place for AAR.

Perhaps in a future battle I'll create a DAR in which you are allowed to view your own defeat playing out while you are suffering it, but for the moment I'm fine thanks. The ladder thread post will indeed be a good place for AAR.

Haha! You're my kinda guy, bud. Not a butthurt bitch. :cool: Looking forward to this!

Back