Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

My journey back to the 60's inevitably led me to the Stones. My friends and I used to have raging
arguments about which band was the "best", Stones or Beatles.
At some point circa 1966 I heard Mick talking about "Satisfaction" and he said, and I quote, "I can't
think of anything worse than being 30 and still singing Satisfaction. Jagger just turned 80.
-----
This YT video has the best audio I could find. All the performances must have been recorded using a
cassette deck.

Well, I was sort of close. What the quote was is as follows: although there remains some controversy as to the exact quote.
-----
Quote Investigator: On June 9, 1975 People magazine published an article titled “The Jaggers” that included the following
remark from Mick Jagger, who was almost thirty-two years old.
"Jagger and the Stones have endured at the top longer than any other rock band, but as for the future, Jagger admits that it
could all suddenly end. “I only meant to do it for two years. I guess the band would just disperse one day and say goodbye.
I would continue to write and sing, but I’d rather be dead than sing Satisfaction when I’m 45.”

Back