Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

World War One

The Black Watch Regiment distributing packs amongst the men after battle near woods at Rheims, France, Aug 1918.-
EXIiwif.jpg

Last edited:
July 28, First centenary of the start of the Great War

On this day in 1914, Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia in response to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The “domino effect” of alliance obligations that ensued effectively started WW I.

This is a copy of my paternal Grandfather's draft registration. He had only been in America for 6 years when this event occurred.
Before he came to America he had served in the Italian Navy as a 'Hard Hat Diver'.

Angelo Caldarulo

My Poppanon's portrait from his time in the Italian Navy, pre- WW1.
Pre-WW1 ..! ? that Sir, is very impressive. So glad you respect him after all this time. .

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a amazing journey back in time, for each generation had its own unique horror to live, that sadly mark their time.

If I didn't know better, that guy copping a feel could have been a Sailor/Marine.
Just speaking from personal experience.

Photo from a soldier poses with a Hythe Mk III Gun Camera during training activities at Ellington Field, Houston, Texas, USA, in april of 1918. The Mk III, built to match the size, handling, and weight of a Lewis Gun, was used to train aerial gunners, recording a photograph when the trigger was pulled, for later review, when an instructor could coach trainees on better aiming strategies.-
AFA9.jpg

Back