AA-M220TOW.jpg

M136 AT-4
AA-M136AT-4.jpg

Javelin AT
AA-JavelinAT.jpg

Stinger SAM
AA-FIM-92F-Stinger.jpg

Re: Armed Assault

Yeah i took a look at the editor, couldn't for the life of me find the javelin, how do you get it?

He's only in the US Marines mate, not in ordinary infantry.
The M136 guy is further down the list-

AA-jav.jpg

When bought as a group rather than as a single man, select 'Heavy AT Team' (below) and you get a Jav guy, M136 guy and a Rifleman.
If you buy a 'Fire Team (AT)' you get 2x M136 guys and a Rifleman
AA-abaf.jpg

MG-bunker
AA-MGnest.jpg

Another 10-minute scenario; my M136 guy ambushes a BMP which came down the road; its crew bailed onto the road so he fired again at the wreck and the detonation of the rocket knocked the poor slobs out cold..

ArmAaaa.jpg

Yet another scen that only took me 10 mins to create; my US squad ambush a couple of BMP's approaching the bridge. My M136 guy lets fly at long range-
AA-bridge.jpg

Black night tonight..

AA-nite-black.jpg

But not so black if you've got night goggles and the enemy hasn't.

AA-nite.jpg

Hey muchacho, you believe in Jesus?

AA-nite3.jpg

You're gonna meet him!

AA-nite4.jpg

Which arma you guys playing?

I've got ARMA, queens gambit, ARMA2 and ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead.

I cant play during the week because i dont think the barracks internet wil allow it. (though i never have tried)

Let me know which one and what extras i need to get loaded up. I'm love that game when you get a good squad going :)

Next friday and sunday i got time :)

Regards Breaklight

..or do i sound to eager? :)

It sounds like we got us another squadmate again. Currently we've been trying ArmA with the Inv44 mod to be combined with various smaller add-ons - Bootie's building some missions for us.

Hey Bootie, how we're doing in general? Any missions built yet?

Cool POS. We are talking about AA at present. We can play it out of the box or as a WW2 mod. Earl and I played some WW2 stuff a couple of weeks back and it was fun but bloody hard.

The thing is getting or designing missions that are based on 2-3 players as most co-op missions are for 8 players +.

Keep an eye on this thread for now.

Okay mate, box AA was great fun last year, you deserve a medal for the balls you displayed in one mission, let me quote how the citation would read-
"As the FGM assault squad crossed a bridge in a coach, the vehicle came under intense insurgent fire injuring the driver and causing it to grind to a halt.
With complete disregard for his own safety, Lt Greer took control of the coach and drove it straight into the nearest insurgent, crushing him to death against a wall.
This inspired the rest of Lt Greers squad to debark and occupy the village"

Simple is for sissies! :)

I for one am not too fond of the OOB experience but would rather have a few mod missions (which I believe Bootie is curently doing) but you're free to do some just-go-there-and-kill-these-few-guys-here style missions with the vanilla game. We're liking to use mods and will continue to do that. I want to play WW2 not some modern day pseudo-fictive crap.

First update to the latest version.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma_files_patches_official

Next download Invasion '44

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5767

Once installed you should have a file called @Inv44 in your file system for ARMA.

Next download 31st WW2.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4160

Take the addon files from this download and unpack them to the add ons folder within @Inv44 file.

Next I will send you a file which again you extract into your add ons folder within @Inv44.

And that is pretty much it apart from setting up an easy to use .exe.

Create a shortcut from your .exe file to the desktop. Right click and choose properties. In the target field add this after the end of .exe.
Code:
 -mod=@I44; -nosplash

We're all noobs as far as multiplayer gaming is concerned, so by starting simple to learn. we can increase the complexity later.

I'm not, but that is another matter. Using the ingame chat rather than VoiP is the problem - that just doesn't work in a MP game unless everyone knows EXACTLY what he's upposed to do. And chatting half an houtr beforehand is NOT the sensible way to go. It just complicates things even more.

I like modern warfare because it makes a refreshing break from WW2, there are wars going on all around the world, so box AA lets us join in and see how we do on the modern stage, but if WW2 mods are easy to install and work properly, I'd be happy to also play WW2 AA.

It's working pretty well and dead-easy to install. The AI does do odd things from time to time and we'll have to adapt our style of play, but overall the one WW2 (there are others) we tried is okay.

But above all, we have to plan and discuss our tactics days before setting foot on the battlefield, so that when we begin, every man knows his exact role and our plan..:)

And we shouldn't do it with the chat box. Apart from that no plan will ever work the way its intended, at least not in the details. meaning: We'll need to adapt on the fly. And if there are bullets hitting you you simply got no time to type or even read that damn small etxt another player has typed. I've tried that so often in MP games and it NEVER did work properly. So I still suggest everyone get himself a headset and we get a good VoiP client set up so we can coordinate properly.

I have a headset but no idea how to use a VoiP client??

I like the suggestions coming in.

As Im designing little scenarios what I can do is post up a few images a map and a general briefing and you guys can discuss how you wish to implement the plan before we kick of.

The good thing is I can programme the AI to do things... patrols... move etc so even though I design it the AI will be flexible even catching me out. I will however not take part to much in tactical planning as I may know things about the set up and I will play in a follow the leader or do as Im told kind of role.

Back
Top Bottom