Armed Assault 1

And just for a taster of what Im building. I intend building small fun scenarios that should'nt take long to complete. Each scenario links to the next one so we have to complete it before moving onto the next one.

We play as the Germans for a change and the first scenario is a small group has to clear a bridge that is being defended by Polish troops in the opening move in the Invasion of Poland. Once completed we get to take an armoured column over the bridge and clear the next way point. And so it will continue with each small scenario leading on to another.

Tactics can be discussed in a thread for each scenario.. that way communication doesnt get lost and everyone else can see what we are up to with an AAR at the end once the mission is successful. I agree that we stick to it until it is completed before moving on.

First update to the latest version.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma_files_patches_official

Next download Invasion '44

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5767

Once installed you should have a file called @Inv44 in your file system for ARMA.

Next download 31st WW2.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4160

Take the addon files from this download and unpack them to the add ons folder within @Inv44 file.

Next I will send you a file which again you extract into your add ons folder within @Inv44.

And that is pretty much it apart from setting up an easy to use .exe.

Create a shortcut from your .exe file to the desktop. Right click and choose properties. In the target field add this after the end of .exe.
Code:
 -mod=@I44; -nosplash

Incidentally dont bother downloading the 31st WW2 mod... I will send it over. :)

All the times I play arma / arma2 / FSX (online with ATC Ivao?) / Falcon 4/ AF I have used Team speak.

Its dead easy, works a treat and you can easily make/ switch channels etc.

I would recommend having a look at it

Hope to get my arma sorted this weekend :)

Regards Breaklight

Yup, the ingame client IS crap and TeamSpeak would be much better. Discussing tatcis is all well and good but still the AI will do things we haven't anticipated and then we'll need an efficient way of communicating with each other.

Breaklight, have you got a TS server running by chance? I did but it's down at the moment and my local & friendly admin isn't reachable to fix it.

well, i'm coolwith that! Downloading the 44 and 31st at the mo.

You mentioned another file in your post, could you send me the link or the file if its not to big?

well. If you have any ideas why this baby wont run on windows7??

I installed Arma and then arma QG. It patched to 1.08, nut when i start the game i get basic blok graphics. cant do anything!??

Tried running as administrator and in compatibly mode winxp.

Gonna try reinstalling after a good clean and uninstall

lol... your post came to late m8! ;)
Re installing, and yes, found the 1.14 via google. but 1.18??

Files received and installed ;)

I'll have a look if i can figure out how TS3 server works.
@POS Also, I'm always up for vanilla games.

Anyone else here wirh Arma2 + Arrowhead?

Back
Top Bottom