Bootie reads the bible....

...a tiny population scratching out subsistence farming is unlikely to support a synagogue...and the site is in the wrong spot for the bit where people..want to throw him off a cliff....none nearby. .

Ah, but if we do a little detective work things begin to fall into place..
As a carpenter in the small farming area of Nazareth there wouldn't have been much work to keep Jesus fully employed, so when Herod decided to extensively renovate the important city of Sepphoris just 4 miles away it must have come as a godsend for him and all other tradesmen in the region, and he must have commuted there regularly, so in that respect Nazareth was virtually a suburb of Sepphoris.
Sepphoris was "perched like a bird" on a four hundred-foot hill overlooking the Bet Netofa Valley. Its Hebrew name, Zippori, "bird," reflects its lofty location.
Jesus will have got to fully know Sepphoris and its synagogue, and no doubt ruffled a few feathers among some of its people and priests until eventually they had enough of him- "They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him down the cliff. But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way" (Luke 4:29)

Part of Sepphoris
Sepphoris.jpg

SEPPHORIS- http://www.ancientsandals.com/overviews/sepphoris.htm

....'The apostles that came before us called him Jesus Nazarene the Christ ..."Nazara" is the "Truth". Therefore 'Nazarene' is "The One of the Truth" ...'- Gospel of Philip, 47.
You won't find Phillip in the Bible because it was excluded by the winning Christian sect in the 5th century when the "official" books in the Bible were fixed at 66 and no more....

Philip seems alright to me mate if he said Jesus was 'The One of the Truth'.
That's what the other books of the New T say too, so we can understand why the bible compilers didn't feel the need to include yet another repetitive manuscript..:)

PHILIP- "Wanna buy this manuscript i've written? Pay me a lump sum up front or we can work out a royalty deal"
PUBLISHER- "Were you a chum of Jesus?"
PHILIP- "Er...well not exactly"
PUBLISHER- "Sorry, I'm not interested then, I'm already snowed under with dozens of manuscripts so I'm only using ones written by people who were on the spot so to speak, for example I've already got a Fab Four, namely Matthew and John who were actual disciples, Mark who was a mate of Jesus's right-hand man Peter, and Luke who hung with Paul"

SCIENTIST QUOTES

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature."- Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): The Universe: Past and Present Reflections. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics: 20:16.

"There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming"- Paul Davies (British astrophysicist), The Cosmic Blueprint: New Discoveries in Nature's Creative Ability To Order the Universe. New York: Simon and Schuster, p.203.

"As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?"- George Greenstein (astronomer),1988. The Symbiotic Universe. New York: William Morrow, p.27.

"When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it's very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it."- Tony Rothman (physicist),Paradigms Lost. New York, Avon Books, p.482-483.

"When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics."- Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics), 1994 The Physics of Immortality. New York, Doubleday, preface.

"We know that nature is described by the best of all possible mathematics because God created it."- Alexander Polyakov (Soviet mathematician),Gannes, S. October 13, 1986. Fortune. p. 57

"Here is the cosmological proof of the existence of God – the design argument of Paley – updated and refurbished. The fine tuning of the universe provides prima facie evidence of deistic design. Take your choice: blind chance that requires multitudes of universes or design that requires only one"- Ed Harrison (cosmologist),Harrison, E. 1985. Masks of the Universe. New York, Collier Books, Macmillan, pp. 252, 263.

"Who created these laws? There is no question but that a God will always be needed"- Barry Parker (cosmologist),Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 223.

Back
Top Bottom