Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN Round #3 Match Ups

Still waiting for my opponent to get back to me with their Dropbox email.

When is round 3 meant to be completed by? My battle with @Probus seems to have ground to a halt, for some unexplained reason.

I have given extra time for this round to start, since it is a bigger battle.

I have some games just barely starting. But this weekend will be tha start of my official count as to turn rate.

So for all those progressing nicely. you are ahead of the round by far. I have one battle that I think they are about done.

It is a good size map, so it does take time. But I dont think it would be too taxing on most machines.

I personnally am running on a dinosaur of a rig and it has done ok. It did crash once viewing someone elses turn,

My game keeps crashing every time I try to load the save file. How big is the map? and is it a city/wooded map?
I'm guessing you are still having problems. Did you try opening the file I sent via email? Let me know if you are still having a problem with the file I put in the dropbox. I can try replacing it with another copy.

I'm guessing you are still having problems. Did you try opening the file I sent via email? Let me know if you are still having a problem with the file I put in the dropbox. I can try replacing it with another copy.

I will try and open the file and see what happens to me

Just opened the file, the file appears ok to me. So its a issue on Nathangun end.

I am running on a 10 year old rig. No upgrades. ( I sure have gotten my moneys worth out of this one)

I am going to buy a new one when CMX3 comes out.

Last edited:
Have no clue how long it will take them, it will be when it will be.

Its been in the works a long time, so that is a good thing.

All I know is I could not say even if i did know, which I dont.

And Its a good reason to update myself to the latest and greatest that is available when the time comes

Oh, just because I can still run on a old machine, there is 3 newer machines in the house I have given my wife. But she does not listen to me on how to take care of them. Thus the reason she needs machines so often. (But she still beleives she knows more about computers than I do)

@SlySniper Are the victory point areas touch or do you have to station troops there to get the points?(please let them be touch, please let them be touch)

I will try and open the file and see what happens to me

Just opened the file, the file appears ok to me. So its a issue on Nathangun end.

I am running on a 10 year old rig. No upgrades. ( I sure have gotten my moneys worth out of this one)

I am going to buy a new one when CMX3 comes out.

The problem is my laptop (that has a weak AMD graphics card) and having all my installs on a external drive.
I managed to get it working just now with a install on the laptop's internal drive.

I am willing to forfeit the game as I have held up proceedings @SlySniper @JTimo but still would like to play.
Sorry for not getting back sooner, I have a nasty chest infection.

No need to forfeit. If we don’t get done in time, neither of us will get a score for this round. That already happened to me last round as I was matched up with Letheface, and his RL responsibilities prevented us from finishing on time. We are still playing that game out, and we can do the same with this game. I didn’t get a score in round 1, so I’m out of the running anyway.

No need to forfeit. If we don’t get done in time, neither of us will get a score for this round. That already happened to me last round as I was matched up with Letheface, and his RL responsibilities prevented us from finishing on time. We are still playing that game out, and we can do the same with this game. I didn’t get a score in round 1, so I’m out of the running anyway.
I think that we still get a score even for finishing late. I'm up against Lethaface as well - we are still finishing off R2 of SF tourney due to RL. The only penalty is the early finish bonus.

OK guys, I am away for a little bit and you are already creating your own rules.

First, when you finish your matches, Yes you will receive your scores and they will be added.

Only way no score is given is if I remove someone from the Tournament, I still finish the match against their opponant, and that opponant gets to finish the battle and receive points if so deserved.

Nathangun, no need to forfeit or anything along those lines. I understand your problems, its is what it is.
Just play the game at a normal pace now and its all good.

If there is issues and you reach out to me and let me know, we will work around them.

I already mentioned, because of the size of the battle, I was already planning on a little more time this round to allow for the added effort.
So if you are going this week, you should not be behind.

What does happen in some cases, is if someone is behind. but the group as a whole is generally ready for the next round.

Then the next round starts., the person behind is then responscible for keeping pace in both battles.

At the moment, Leatherface is behind in both Tournaments, So he has 4 games he is needing to manage.
Not desirable, but doable, but again this is due to that fact that he has had events in his life and has reached out and kept me informed.
I dont mind working with someone like that.

But for those that just drop of the map for awhile or turn rate turns into a snails pace and there is no communication with their opponant or me.
Well, those peaple do not last long here and once I let them go. They have a nice reward of not being allowed back in the future.

But boys, you are all good, I hate losing any good player and as far as I am concerned, everyone is doing their part.

Last edited:
Back