Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMCW Cup Tournament open for registration

No, the plan is to play the battles one at a time. However, I am considering whether players should be allowed to play more than one battle at a time, if they wish to do so
Ok! :)

Could be a good option to let people either play one or two (or more lol) games, if the format allows it.

Every player is expected to play in all three battles of a round, so every player will have to play a maximum of 8 battles in the whole tournament
Thanks for the reply.

So... each player is playing 3 games in 39 days, and can choose to do that simultaneously, or sequentially. It probably HAS to be simultaneously to hit that time frame. Certainly makes sense to do the two mirror games on the same map, at the same time.

I'm very interested, but travel about 25% of the time and don't want to penalize my team. If I can get a sub* when/if required, then I'm in. Slight preference for the Reds.

(*sub = substitute, not a submarine. Given my moniker, I thought I would clarify this point :D )

I have to go on an exercise for 3 weeks at the end of october. Would that be a problem?

I regretfully withdraw. Unless my math is faulty we will be required to average 2-3 turns a day, which is not compatible with my job :poop:

Ok, I'm confused o_O

Cut and pasted from the rules pdf:
The time limit (real time) per round is 39 days.
The tournament consists of two regular rounds with three battles each and, if necessary, a tie-break round with two battles.
So the time limit is 39 days per round, not per game. Each round is three battles so assuming each game goes the full 30 turns that is 3x30÷39=2.3 turns per day or 16 turns per week.

I have to go on an exercise for 3 weeks at the end of october. Would that be a problem?
I consider to switch the time frame from 39 DAYS PER BATTLE (@Bremer dan Gorst) to 117 days per round (1 ROUND = 3 BATTLES, @Bremer dan Gorst). but the players can complete the 3 BATTLES OF ONE ROUND (@Bremer dan Gorst) parallel or one after another, whatever time allows.
Ok, I'm confused o_O

Cut and pasted from the rules pdf:

So the time limit is 39 days per round, not per game. Each round is three battles so assuming each game goes the full 30 turns that is 3x30÷39=2.3 turns per day or 16 turns per week.
See above. The time frame for ONE BATTLE was originally considered 39 days, with each battle fought one after another, = 117 days for three battles.

I consider to switch the time frame from 39 DAYS PER BATTLE (@Bremer dan Gorst) to 117 days per round (1 ROUND = 3 BATTLES, @Bremer dan Gorst). but the players can complete the 3 BATTLES OF ONE ROUND (@Bremer dan Gorst) parallel or one after another, whatever time allows.

See above. The time frame for ONE BATTLE was originally considered 39 days, with each battle fought one after another, = 117 days for three battles.
FWIW I think the 39days per battle is better. Just because it's difficult to look ahead 117 days and know you and the other players have to be available daily in sync at the same time to play the games. Some will want to play 3 at the same time, some won't.

For example: I still have lots of offdays (200+hours) remaining for the year, not sure when & how exactly I'll utilize them. So I'd be in favor of planning in smaller increments.

On another note; I'm planning to go away in Oct. so might not be able to participate depending on start date.

Ok. I'm back in then.

Back