Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission Career Record System

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
Just uploaded to the BF Repository - awaiting approval. Bootie will also upload a copy here a bit later.

This tool is designed as a tracker of all CMx2 World War 2 game results an individual player completes. Record your results into an easily sortable system to allow for analysis of your Combat Mission career. Check which opponents you fair well against, which forces you command better or just find out how many pixeltruppen you've led to their untimely deaths.

An automated MS Excel workbook designed to be easy to use with minimal input from the end user. Currently supports CMBN, CMFI and all modules. Can be updated easily when future CM titles are released. Read Me included with the download.

Some key features
- CMBN and CMFI support (inc all modules)
- Easy updating (by the author) to incorporate future Battlefront releases CMx2 WW2 era releases. All the end user (You!) have to do is cut and paste between documents.
- Supports both single player and multiplayer games and results in an all in one package – compare how you fair against the AI vs real life opponents.
- ‘The Calendar of Carnage’ – Track pixeltruppen casualties (both caused and suffered) on a timeline of World War 2.
- Will be able to display data going all the way back to 1939 if Battlefront ever goes that far back with their releases.
- Automated pretty graphs.
- Improve your game. Compare results and spot areas you need to improve in.
- Can be easily adapted for some operational level CM campaigns to track battle results.

Finally big thanks to @Mad Mike for testing and spotting a couple of bugs. If anyone else finds any let me know.

Hope you enjoy. Any queries let us know below.
biggrin.gif
(Economists are a little weird).

Looks terrific and that it took a lot of work. Thank you for your effort and time in putting this together.

I'd like to think of the Home page as for the casual/curious visitor to get a feel for what you put out here, I'm already hooked, no need for me to go there...
And if you're doing the Home page for me, you can nick that time and use it for gaming.

Wow, Ithikial strikes again. What can't you do? ;)
I have 10x games going right now, so when they are done I should have some serious numbers to look at.

Thanks for this!

What can't you do? ;)

Draw
Make CM Texture Mods / use Photoshop
Go more than five minutes working on my Carpiquet CMBN map without crying
Finish that novel that's been sitting on my hard drive for a few years now (blame CM)
:D

Thanks for downloading. Hopefully you use it for more than your current 10 games. Currently it allows for 1,300 entries so that should tide most people over for a little bit.

Draw
Make CM Texture Mods / use Photoshop
Go more than five minutes working on my Carpiquet CMBN map without crying
Finish that novel that's been sitting on my hard drive for a few years now (blame CM)
:D

Thanks for downloading. Hopefully you use it for more than your current 10 games. Currently it allows for 1,300 entries so that should tide most people over for a little bit.

Ithikial -- Had a look at it ... and as someone who CAN and does use Photoshop a lot, coming face to face with Excel spreadsheets makes my eyes bleed and my brain turn to water...LOL. wtf ... but maybe that's just me. ;)

Wow, this is really cool! I'm a basics kind of guy when it comes to Excel and I'm having difficulties with the drop down boxes (I think.) They don't seem to contain any of info from the "do not touch" tab, which I assume the drop down boxes are supposed to pick up. So, I "manually" entered the appropriate info, though I doubt that's how it's supposed to work.

What should I do to get the drop boxes to work correctly? I believe I have the 2007 version of Excel.

Russell is it possible to post some screenshots what you see on your end? I did build it with Excel 2010 but there is very little difference between 2007 and 2010 excel it shouldn't be a problem for something this basic.

Should be a little down arrow icon show up on the right hand side when you select a cell with a list attached.

And I should add a I'm working on an updated version for release soon after Red Thunder is released. Start now, you'll be able to copy and paste results from this spreadsheet to the new one I get Bootie to upload. :)

Last edited:
Back