Combat Mission Fortress Italy Announced

Good question. Officially: No. Inofficially: Kind of - I get the game for free which is already pretty nice. I MIGHT get some kind of monetary compensation, but I'm doing this mostly because of my passion for the most outstanding wargame that I know of.

If BFC considered offering me a job as a paid artist I might join up, but that's completely hypothetical at this point.

Man, they should pay you considering how big of a time sink and frustrating it is texturing for CMBN. What you see is definitely not what you get when it comes to the textures.

Quite fascinating to see how people are willing to pay money now for some words, screenshots
and a beta video. I guess they must be doing something right.
Almost all the computer wargames I have purchased over the years have been dispointments, but for the Combat Mission WWII ones.
That's why I per-purchase CMFI. I guess I trust BF given they track record. As for all the other games BF have made over the years...they suck for the most part.

Almost all the computer wargames I have purchased over the years have been dispointments, but for the Combat Mission WWII ones.
That's why I per-purchase CMFI. I guess I trust BF given they track record. As for all the other games BF have made over the years...they suck for the most part.

Yeah, CMx2 games are very good, so the excitement is understandable.

It's just that there seems to be little to no benefit at all from pre-ordering .. if one is happy with the download only, no physical manual option. The manuals are not that good, so I personally don't really see the point of pre-ordering.

I like having the steelbox and discs.

Yes, that is the main reason for me too. And among all my games in my personal collection the CMBN steel box is my little treasure! :)
It is the most beautiful and extraordinary exemplar of it all ...and I didn't expect to get a chance for a second one that soon! :)

I like the idea that the Domination map will expand......

Just a thought, Lord Bootie the 1st

I can see a three sided campaign for Sicily already. Germans/Italians in one corner, The Italians knowing the war is over will try to maintain as low as possible their casualties, even if it means to surrender. The Germans will try to hold the line and force they southern allies/Italians to fight and not to retreat.
And in our second and third corners are the Americans and Commonwealth forces, fighting again the Germans/Italians and racing each to capture more towns and cities, etc.
There can be only one winner folks......

I pre-ordered the day it was announced, and will be buying everything they release. I especially like the idea that they will be offering "packs" with varying content--vehicles, TO&E, scenarios and campaigns...reminds me of all the 3rd party stuff put out for ASL.

Count me in on all the new campaigns to come at FGM!

Same here and I have heard from a good source that the next module or expansion will be Market Garden

Count me in on all the new campaigns to come at FGM!

+1 to that. FGM will be the place to enjoy all the new toys, bells and whistles that BFC will produce. We got armoured covered arcs coming in v2.0 and hopefully soon we will get FIRE! It would be so cool to see haystacks and wheat fields burn.

Back
Top Bottom