Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

DoubleD's Gallery

Hey Jason, with all this self isolation we expect a stonking video at least weekly!!!

Awesome battle was really nice to fight.

Your Grenadiers had a lot of automatic weapons, which held my men at bay.

well played :cool: :cheerso:

You had me sold at TREES trees tReEs!!! ;D

But I was dying to hear you say "RUN YOU %$#^&&^^ BUGGERS!!!!!!!"

Was watching your older vids and that scene in Op Epsom battle #3 with the Tiger advancing through the fog, smoke and mortar barrage was pure kino.

Excellent video @DoubleD! Liked and subscribed on YouTube.

I may have asked you this before, but what do you use to capture and edit?
I like the ability to smoothly pan and to zoom in.

Glad you liked the video. I was using Nvidia GeForce Experience for the last couple of years but the last Nvidia driver update screwed it up. I’ve swapped to Bandicam demo for the time being, I think the second half of this video was recorded using Bandi and I can’t tell the difference.

For editing I use PowerDirector. I’m on version 16 which does everything I need. The pan work is done in CM, mostly using the mouse. The zoom is a mix of in game for deep zoom and editing for light stuff because of the resolution.

Glad you liked the video. I was using Nvidia GeForce Experience for the last couple of years but the last Nvidia driver update screwed it up. I’ve swapped to Bandicam demo for the time being, I think the second half of this video was recorded using Bandi and I can’t tell the difference.

For editing I use PowerDirector. I’m on version 16 which does everything I need. The pan work is done in CM, mostly using the mouse. The zoom is a mix of in game for deep zoom and editing for light stuff because of the resolution.
Thanks for the answer and asking the question @Concord I've been curious myself lately mostly because I finally got fiber internet now. Before had crappy DSL which would literally take like an entire day to upload a 10 sec clip. Also tired of fiddling with FRAPs 30 sec clip (free version) and was looking for better alternatives.

Thanks for the answer and asking the question @Concord I've been curious myself lately mostly because I finally got fiber internet now. Before had crappy DSL which would literally take like an entire day to upload a 10 sec clip. Also tired of fiddling with FRAPs 30 sec clip (free version) and was looking for better alternatives.

I'm fortunate to be in London's urban sprawl and have a good connection. The free Bandicam software will record for maximum 10 minutes and has a Bandicam watermark on the top of the screen. I cover up the CM UI which covers the Bandicam stuff and never record more than a minute or two so I'll use it until GeForce get's fixed, hopefully.

@Vartuoosi I think it was you who recommended this somewhere in another thread.
I had downloaded the installer to my desktop, ready to go.
Amazing thing, open source programs.

@DoubleD just a couple more comments.
The mods you were using looked good. I even noticed stove pipes sticking out of the sides of buildings.
The fighting among the ruined buildings looked particularly good.

Couple things that annoy me about CM graphics...
One is the awkward running animation.
They look like rubber-kneed drunks running on ice sometimes.
The pace of their running doesn't match the actual ground covered.
The other is the way passengers in vehicles jerk around like bobble-heads.
Grr. :cautious:

@DoubleD just a couple more comments.
The mods you were using looked good. I even noticed stove pipes sticking out of the sides of buildings.
The fighting among the ruined buildings looked particularly good.

Couple things that annoy me about CM graphics...
One is the awkward running animation.
They look like rubber-kneed drunks running on ice sometimes.
The pace of their running doesn't match the actual ground covered.
The other is the way passengers in vehicles jerk around like bobble-heads.
Grr. :cautious:

By todays standards the animations are a bit retro but there's not really anything else with equal or better game play. I have a video I'm just finishing off, soldiers running through marsh..... legs pumping not going anywhere :ROFLMAO:. I don't see a graphics engine update for a longtime, if ever, so I embrace the eccentricities :whistleo:

Once again, great shows @DoubleD.
I liked the intro's too; monochrome, art deco text and period music. Really set the scene.

What times. Seems distant, but also oddly close.
I wonder if we all took part in a previous life. ;)
Meh. Maybe it's just too many WW2 movies, to seem very distant.

Back