Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG Medieval: Kingdoms & Empires Campaign - Cancelled

Ok -- I've stripped this one down to a smaller, much simpler 8 turn campaign. (even simpler than the Italian Wars campaign) :cool:

It's for 4 or 5 factions (1 or two players each).

The map has 25 provinces grouped into FIVE Regions: Western Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Western Mediterranean, Eastern Mediterranean) - see sample map below.

At start, each faction gets SIX random drawn territories -- and each faction places their CAPITAL in one of their provinces.

Each faction also has a FLEET available to use for attacks across sea zones.

Medieval Empires SIMPLE sample2.jpg

ATTACKS
Each faction gets ONE attack per turn.

Any level attack wins the invaded region or repels the invader.

You can attack any enemy province joined to a friendly province by a dark dotted line.

You can attack into a region from which an attack has already been launched, you cannot attack into or from a region that is already under attack)

-- see FLEETS section below for attacks across sea regions.

ATTACK ORDERS SEQUENCE is determined by % battle results in previous round -- although 1st ROUND order is determined by a random draw.

EXTRA PROVINCE: In a FOUR faction campaign, the 25th "extra province" is gifted to the faction going LAST on the 1st ROUND random Attack Orders Draw.

BATTLES
The ATTACKER issues a challenge and choses two armies that are GEOGRAPHICALLY appropriate to the province the battle is taking place in.

The armies can be from ANY TIME PERIOD covered by FOG: Medieval and all the DLC's. (if one players does not have all the DLC's, this can be negotiated between the two of them)
Armies should also be from same period -- can't have a 1066 Anglo-Saxon Army fight a 1450 French army)

The DEFENDER then gets to chose which of the two armies to fight with.

Default battle setting is Medium Open Battle -- map can be RANDOM (or agreed to by the players)

ANY level of victory captures the province or repels the invader. (Exception: see CAPITALS below)

FLEETS
A faction can decide to deploy its fleet to launch a seaborne attack on an enemy province across a sea zone. (white dotted lines)

The FLEET is deployed into the relevant Sea Zone Box.

fleet.jpg
(Example: Red attacking Blue in Scotland across the North Sea)

There is no naval combat, player who places his FLEET in a Sea Zone box first, has control of that sea zone for that turn.

A normal battle is the fought in the target province.

If the attack is SUCCESSFUL, the FLEET goes back into the AVAILABLE FLEETS box for possible use in the next turn.

If the attack FAILS, the FLEET is removed and placed on the TURN TRACK to be rebuilt and will be available on the SECOND turn after it was lost.

CAPITAL PROVINCES
Each faction has a capital Province which is better fortified and defended than the others and cannot be captured with just one successful attack.
(capturing and losing them also earns/costs more points)

captital.jpg

A Capital Province (see example above) has three dark grey STRENGTH POINTS markers at the bottom left.
If a faction attacking this region wins a battle with a Major Victory (+40%) , two SP markers are removed.
If a faction attacking this region wins a battle with a Minor Victory (+60%) , one SP markers is removed.

If all three SP's are lost, the Province falls to the attacker who destroyed the last SP.

Once a Capital Province has been captured, it becomes a normal province (under new management)

RE-ESTABLISHING A CAPITAL
If a faction loses its Capital, it cannot attack for ONE turn while it rebuilds its Capital in any of its other provinces available (not under attack in that turn) - but it will start with only TWO strength point.
It can fight all defensive battles as before.

REGIONS
Controlling all FIVE Provinces in a REGION adds TWO points to a factions score.
Provinces belonging to the same region are indicated by the colour surrounding the Province Name (ie: Western Europe: light blue, Eastern Europe: green etc)
(these points do not add up, but the scoreboard is adjusted every turn)

END OF CAMPAIGN SCORING:
At the end of Round 8 factions earn the following points:
a) ONE point per province controlled
b) TWO points per REGION controlled
c) TWO points for the original CAPITAL province, ONE point for a rebuilt CAPITAL.

That's pretty much it, I think.

We have three players so far -- myself, @chiquichops and @Nathangun -- if no one else signs up, I'll go recruiting over at the Slitherine Forums.

Last edited:
Do you ever use FOG 2 for tournaments?
Yes, I have quite a few -- there is a current one going in FOG2 -- although it's stuck in a player hiatus limbo at present.

I guess I meant just the standard FOG2. It's about ancient battles. I have FOG2 and some of the dlcs like Legions Triumphant and the Rise of Persia.
I never bought the Medieval version.

I guess I meant just the standard FOG2. It's about ancient battles. I have FOG2 and some of the dlcs like Legions Triumphant and the Rise of Persia.
I never bought the Medieval version.

Well, the one I linked is FOG2 -- just using the latest "Swifter Than Eagles" DLC -- most players here get all the DLC's -- did some early ones using FOG2, like this one below.
Just nothing running at the moment.

Well, the one I linked is FOG2 -- just using the latest "Swifter Than Eagles" DLC -- most players here get all the DLC's -- did some early ones using FOG2, like this one below.
Just nothing running at the moment.

Thank Rico. I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.

Good stuff. I'll be ready to go on Tuesday, it's a holiday here in Spain so I'll be a bit 'busy' til then.

Back