Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great movie scenes.

I read somewhere that Bill Paxton's famous line "Game over man! Game over!" was not in the script. He just made it up on the fly. I like to think that's true.

Right you are man!

AVC: Going back to you as part of the pop-culture zeitgeist, you had a signature line in Aliens as well: “Game over, man! Game over!”

BP:
That was an ad-lib thing, too. [Laughs.] Now, when I say “ad-lib,” I’m not clever enough to think of stuff and throw it out off the top of my head. It’s usually something I’ll come up with beforehand, and then I’ll try it out.

Reactions: mTk
Has there ever been a better (sci-fi) movie than "Aliens?" I think not.
I read somewhere that Bill Paxton's famous line "Game over man! Game over!" was not in the script. He just made it up on the fly. I like to think that's true.

Bill Paxton, the only actor to be killed by an Alien, a Predator, and a Terminator. RIP

I hadn't seen this in years! A few things I noticed...
The poor greengrocer; gets hit in the crossfire. :confused:
Look at all those cars from the 90's. Vintage now? :D
In one of the final scenes, the woman takes a firing position behind a car. But with only glass shielding her, not sure if viable cover. :)

Yeah collateral is in this movie. Also when he rams the audi into the Citroen on the terras. Poor people ;-)

And indeed vintage cars now. I remember that Audi s8 used to be the shit, but it looks like an old shit audi now. The sound is still decent though, should be an lambo v8 in there or so?.

I like the Citroen's pedal to the metal 6500+ rpm sound too. Reminds me of my good ol Peugeot 405. Those petrol engines really liked to rev.

And yes not all details are done good. But for a movie, they get quite some things pretty decent I'd say.

Yeah collateral is in this movie. Also when he rams the audi into the Citroen on the terras. Poor people ;-)

And indeed vintage cars now. I remember that Audi s8 used to be the shit, but it looks like an old shit audi now. The sound is still decent though, should be an lambo v8 in there or so?.

I like the Citroen's pedal to the metal 6500+ rpm sound too. Reminds me of my good ol Peugeot 405. Those petrol engines really liked to rev.

And yes not all details are done good. But for a movie, they get quite some things pretty decent I'd say.

I remember watching that in the cinema back when it came out -- those car chase scenes were very effective -- glued to your seat stuff at the time.

Have you noticed how much cinematography has leapt forward since 2000?
Special effects, camera work, direction...but especially screen writing.

I like the new tempo of films that keep you engaged, and the advanced story telling. Gripping.
Many (not all) older movies pre-2000 have aged badly as a result in my opinion.

My standards for movies and series has raised up a few notches as a result.
With more choices easily available, if the story writing and acting isn't up to scratch, I'm likely to abandon it.

Have you noticed how much cinematography has leapt forward since 2000?
Special effects, camera work, direction...but especially screen writing.

I like the new tempo of films that keep you engaged, and the advanced story telling. Gripping.
Many (not all) older movies pre-2000 have aged badly as a result in my opinion.

My standards for movies and series has raised up a few notches as a result.
With more choices easily available, if the story writing and acting isn't up to scratch, I'm likely to abandon it.

Bullshit.

Back