Hell let loose

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks, first step will be to figure out the controls, then maybe we can get an FGM squad going... at least if we can find a server with a reasonable ping for everyone.
controls are fairly standard.
IIRC for me the near EU servers have like 20-30 ping, US servers have ~100ping. 100 isn't great but can be reasonable ;-)

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
controls are fairly standard.
IIRC for me the near EU servers have like 20-30 ping, US servers have ~100ping. 100 isn't great but can be reasonable ;-)
I'm getting a bit higher ping.. Strangely the best ping is to a server in Finland (39ms) and Russia (?) (41ms). UK ticks in at 60.
It's all fine though ... I remember playing CS 20 years ago with a 150ms ping :)

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
There's no tutorial map in this game? I don't really want to goof around as a complete newbie on a busy map. Maybe I can find an empty server somewhere..

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, I got the basic controls down pretty good now. You're right that they are pretty standard. Do I need to turn down foliage quality though? I read somewhere that if you have full grass/bush detail, it just means you have a harder time spotting other players, but they don't have the same problem if they turned down the detail...

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, I got the basic controls down pretty good now. You're right that they are pretty standard. Do I need to turn down foliage quality though? I read somewhere that if you have full grass/bush detail, it just means you have a harder time spotting other players, but they don't have the same problem if they turned down the detail...
I play with highest graphics. I don't care about those stuffs and will spot them in the bush! :)

Hehe was that an artillery head shot! Heard that loving ping! LOL Yeah I've been there before when you see it coming and your like well, better luck next time! :LOL:

Been getting back into this game recently and really enjoying it. One thing they added, which seems pretty minor, was the ability to map the zoom/focus key to the same as the sprint key. In my case, both zoom and sprint are now left ctrl button. Before this I had zoom key use up a side mouse button. This was always a pain since I've been playing FPS games this way going back 20+ yrs.

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
It was actually an aerial bombing run.
I've had myself and my whole squad obliterated by these.
Sometimes I've had narrow escapes by running early. Other times I just say to my guys "night-night". Time for a dirt nap.

Otosan

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Plane went diagonally, left to right, yet the bombs went straight up the trench line. Hell of a drift correction by the ai autopilot ;)

Top Bottom