Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hell let loose

Looks very nice - I like it better than Post Scriptum actually.

I hope we guys could form squads to play this professionally

<snipped>
I hope we guys could form squads to play this professionally

How should someone who has never ever played MMORG approach this game?
Is there a learner's tutorial? What kind of gaming rig and peripheral equipment is reqired? What does team play involve? How does one research and join a like-minded team?
Is someone with the attention span of a beagle pup and the reflexes of a giant sloth capable of playing this?

Is someone with the attention span of a beagle pup and the reflexes of a giant sloth capable of playing this?
Haha! :LOL:

@Badger73 I think this game looks a bit like the game 'Squad' which advertises itself as somewhere between complex military sims like Arma, and pure mindless shooters.
I bought Arma in a Steam sale ages ago, and while it looks great, it was so complex I didn't end up digging into it.
I also bought Squad some time ago, and recently reinstalled it and started to research how to play.

It seems to have all the excitement of a shooter game, but has a strategy level, which involves placement of bases, and bringing supplies to the front.
It also involves capturing strategic locations. Hell Let Loose looks similar.

As far as rig goes, if you have a relatively modern machine it should run okay. Worst case, you need to turn down the graphic levels in the game menu a bit to make it run smoothly.
Nothing else needed, just mouse and keyboard. Oh, and you would need headphones and microphone (you can get cheap headsets that have both).
This is to be able to communicate with team members.

It would be fun to form a group with FGM gents, but time zones could be an issue I suppose.
In Squad, apparently when you join a game you get slotted into squads, you listen to the instructions of your squad leader and work as a team. I expect this game would be similar.

Well that was fun. Bought Post Scriptum on Steam and had a poke around.
Joined a server with no other players. Adjusted my settings, did some exploring.

Switched sides to the SS to try that out. Then about 6 players joined each side.
I ended up following my bunch of experienced squad members around, who taught me a lot on the fly.
All of them sounded like middle aged blokes - no angry kids. :)

I was a tank hunter infantryman, with various goodies including a Faust.
I ended up destroying two enemy tanks by sneaking up behind them and planting magnetic anti-tank mines!
Plant...and then RUN! The explosion was big, and the ammunition cooked off.

Last edited:
Well that was fun. Bought Post Scriptum on Steam and had a poke around.
Joined a server with no other players. Adjusted my settings, did some exploring.

Switched sides to the SS to try that out. Then about 6 players joined each side.
I ended up following my bunch of experienced squad members around, who taught me a lot on the fly.
All of them sounded like middle aged blokes - no angry kids. :)

I was a tank hunter infantryman, with various goodies including a Faust.
I ended up destroying two enemy tanks by sneaking up behind them and planting magnetic anti-tank mines!
Plant...and then RUN! The explosion was big, and the ammunition cooked off.

Nice. I cant afford it just yet but only a couple of days away from payday. :)

My honest prediction is he'll let loose it's going to be the superior game in time, right now post scriptum is more developed by is infected with this whole Rodger Rodger mentality from squad that I don't enjoy it all, it seems that in post scriptum the only thing people are thinking about this building stupid fortifications!

Back