Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How many people get this?

Jeez guys its not pop culture - cmon... No science fiction readers out there?

Unfortunately films rarely do. A prime example for me is in the LOTR film, they never introduced Tom Bombadil in the film, thereby missing one of the most colorful and unique characters in the story. You know, the only one that the One Ring had no power over.

Unfortunately films rarely do. A prime example for me is in the LOTR film, they never introduced Tom Bombadil in the film, thereby missing one of the most colorful and unique characters in the story. You know, the only one that the One Ring had no power over.

Yeah I know but I also understand why he wasn't in it. They also explain it at length in the Extended Edition docos which I think were really well done. It slows the movie down for next to no narrative gain. The story doesn't progress anywhere. I remember first reading LOTR as a teen and struggled until the story got the Bree and you meet 'Stryder.' The pace quickened after that and the story progressed.

I also understand why the Scouring of the Shire was also removed from ROTK. It's a sweet narrative ending, realising you've come back from doing your part saving the world but even with your best efforts your home will still be effected in some way. In a movie... it would destroy the natural end of the story with the defeat of Sauron.

Back