Ladder Game with Top Dozen Wanted - Meeting engagement Large +

W

WynnterGreen

Keen for about half a dozen games with any players from the top 12 positions, or so, on the Ladder.

Meeting Engagements Large or Huge:

Ladder Game - Map by agreement

33% Armour
A maximum of one third of points can be allocated to Armour units.

One/Four BigCat/Sherm76mm
Only every fourth Armour piece can be either a BigCat or Sherman76mm variant.
You need to purchase three Armour assets before purchasing your first BigCat/Sherman76mm
BigCat = [Panther, Tiger, KT, Jagdpanzer, or Jagdpanther]

Organic Artillery +1
Meaning all the normal Organic Artillery rules apply except that you're allowed to purchase 1 non Organic Artillery Section.

Max1/Air
Maxiumum of one air asset can be taken

Standard Rarity

Everything else negotiable.
battle_normandy25-big.jpg

That rules me out.

Facman: Really I'm just keen to get some games going.
The 'top 12' thing is mostly just extra encouragement to get those players to jump in for a game.

So if it the game style looks ok and you're up for it, I'm happy to play.

Send me a setup. I think I was one of your first players on the ladder and it was a close victory for you. So I'm up for a game. I need some revenge! :)

I am down to play. Really want to have a try at the ladder leader! All rules are good for me

To all my current opponents, internet has failed at home, might be down for one to two weeks.

Hi WynnterGreen,

are you still looking for opponents? Sure I am completely new and also have to register first for the ladder but I am really looking forward playing a Large/Huge Meeting Engagement QB. The rules seems quite reasonable. So if you would like to crash a newbie player you can count me in. Axis side preferred as I have the most experience playing this side....

Excellent, I'll contact you both by Private Message as soon as possible to clarify details and we can get a game going.
Happy to play a non ladder game to get you started.

I am looking forward to it WynnterGreen. And I have no problems making it a ladder game. Ready to jump in at the deep end.

To my prospective opponents:

OK, after some very long discussions with 'Endy', with who'm I've set up and played several Huge Meeting Engagements, we eventually changed the BigCat Rule to the following:

One/Four BigCat
AXIS, only every fourth Armour piece can be a BigCat.
You need to purchase three Armour assets before purchasing your first BigCat, then three more before purchasing your second.
BigCat = [Panther, Tiger, KT, Jagdpanzer, or Jagdpanther]

ALLIES, are unrestricted in their Armour purchase.

The reason we changed Aliies to 'unrestricted' is that Rarity Points already affect Aliied Armour purchase much more than it affects Axis, partially due to Panthers being Rarity 0.
Also, while any regularly fielded German tank is capable of penetrating the frontal armour of a Sherman or TD, only 76mm armed Allied varients are capable of penetrating BigCats head to head.

After several games we found that Axis One/Four BigCat and Aliies 'unrestricted' Armour purchase gave the best overall game balance.

We also found that in a Huge Game, when combining the Max 33% Armour Rule with the One/Four BigCat limit each side was capable of fielding approximately ten tanks, Limiting the Axis to 2 BigCats, which again seemed to balance force capabilities fairly well.

I'll be suggesting this new formula in each of the new games I'll be setting up.
As always, all rules are negotiable prior getting started though.

Thanks Endy for crunching the numbers and discussing this one at length.

WynnterGreen

Let me know if you still have slots for a ladder battle.
I liked our good turn/rate.
Prefer Axis side, CMBN 2.01
Rules are Ok for me, but i would suggest to avoid naval artillery and rockets (nebelwerfer for German side).
Only day battles .. prefer large map to huge.
And still better if we agree to keep airplanes out of the game.
In meeting engagement are TRP allowed ? this is a doubt i have.. i think they should be denied.

Will be keen for a game Jacksa

Will be keen for a game with negotiated parameters some time soon Jackal.

Just need to take care of a bit of real world work before starting a new one.
Expect a Private Message as soon as I free up some time.

Will be keen for a game Jacksa

Will be keen for a game with negotiated parameters some time soon Jackal.

Just need to take care of a bit of real world work before starting a new one.
Expect a Private Message as soon as I free up some time.

Ok, i will wait for your message when you have free time.. We could also use Gustav Line if you like.. Otherwise CMBN + CW base game is perfect (and also CMFI is ok for me).

Jackal if you want I have a slot free. So if you want a large/huge ME in GL (maybe winter to explore the new graphics and gameplay) drop me a line...

Back
Top Bottom