Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Operation Konrad - Round 2 General Thread

OnePingOnly

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pending the outcome of the final Round 1 game in Budapest, I have updated the Campaign Map to show the situation going into Round 2, with the reserves that will become available. This will allow the teams to start thinking about strategy for Round 2.

OK Round 2-0a.jpg
Reserves:
  • sPz Abt 509 is added to German reserve pool
  • 4 units added to the Soviet reserve pool
  • 1 unit added to the Soviet Budapest force
The Deployment Matrices have been updated in the team-specific Dropboxes.
  • A "Round 2" tab has been added to each Deployment Matrix
  • Soviet commanders have been rotated, per schedule
  • Available units/reserves have been updated
  • Cells in YELLOW will require input
Notes:
  • The German team may make up to 2 deployment "moves." This could include any combination of adding Reserve units to Tracks, and/or pulling Reserve units from Tracks and back to the Reserve Pool.
  • The Soviet team may deploy up to 2 reserve units on different tracks. Remember that Soviet reserves are required for a counterattack - Soviet Core Units cannot counterattack.
  • Beginning Round 2, the Soviets may counterattack against ONE zone. As counterattacks are not allowed against starting zones (on the far left), the only possible Soviet counterattack location is Tokod. If the Soviets choose to counterattack at Tokod, the battle type will be dictated by the type of defending unit chosen by the German commander: If he elects to use the 711th Inf Div (infantry force), the battle will be a Soviet Probe; If he elects to use the sPz Abt 219 (armor force), the battle will be a Meeting Engagement.
  • Depending on the outcome of the Round 1 Margit Island/Budapest battle, either the German SS Polizei-Rgt 6 or the Soviet 151 Rifle Div will be "locked" on Margit Island. All other German units can be moved around within Budapest. Like Round 1, the Soviets will pick ONE zone to contest for Round 2, using one unit from the Budapest pool.
  • Round 2 Maps are complete. The choice of map to be used on the Pilis Mtn Track depends on what the Soviet team decides to do during their planning.

Last edited:
Are the new maps available yet?
Yes, just published in the shared Dropbox:

The Zamoly map is a different location a few miles away where the Germans will make another attempt to secure the main highway to Csakvar.
Playing from the lines of contact at the end of the prior game on the original map was unworkable/nonsensical in my brief playtesting. I would have needed to extend one or more map edges and create terrain to have legit objectives. At that point, it was easier to switch maps.

The Tolna map was also changed out, as the map was likely unwinnable for the attacker even at 45 minutes. Similar to above, the new map represents the Germans finding an alternative way around Tolna to reach Tarjan, and is a different section of the same master map.

Last edited:
hmm i cant open the matrix in the dropbox my pc says its the wrong file type ?

didnt even know there was a new patch!? what have they tweaked/borked? ;) guess we should all patch before round 2 battles.

Hi all -
I'm back in town having completed the business of selling my parent's old house and moving the remaining items out :(. Happy to have some distractions now....

Good points raised above:
1) Please do not update to the new CMRT patch if you have a game in progress (@Monty's Mighty Moustache @Cargol ) - pretty sure you guys got that, but just sayin' to be sure :)
2) Everyone should update PRIOR to starting the Round 2 games.

MMM and Cargol have 10 turns / 5-ish minutes left, so hopefully we can start the next round this coming week or weekend.

@Drifter Man and @Bleskaceq - Let's try to have all your team orders by Thursday night, so I can publish the next round as soon as the Budapest warriors are done with their nail-biter.

Tweaks made to 1 objective each on Osi2 and Balatonfokajar2 after wrapping up some playtesting last night. The maps are in the Dropbox. I'll remind the players on those tracks to DL the latest when I issue the match-ups.

Ahoy!
@Spoogles and @Cargol , now that Budapest Round 1 is settled, please go into your respective Deployment Matrices and select your units.
Cargol - place one unit in each zone. Note that SS-Polizei Rgt 6 is locked in on MArgit Island.
Spoogles - You only need to pick one zone to attack and the unit with which to do it.

If you have any trouble with the matrices, just PM me your moves.

Then I can get the Round 2 map updated.

Thanks!

@Cargol @Drifter Man @dkchapuis @Guardsman @Car88 @Brille @Bleskaceq @Monty's Mighty Moustache @Spoogles @jackal @Aurelius @Gorst

Here is the Round 2 Campaign Map!
Round 2 Start.jpg
Notes:
1) The Soviets are counterattacking with the 18th Tank Corps at Tokod. @Brille will need to decide on the Deployment Matrix whether to use the Sturmpanzer Abt, in which case the battle is a Meeting Engagement (Soviet attacker), or either of the 711 Inf Div battalion, in which case the battle becomes a Soviet probe. In both cases, the Soviets will have a 10% bonus.
2) At both Zamoly and Velence, Reserves are present. @Guardsman @dkchapuis and @jackal will need to set which Core or Reserve battalion they will be using (if you have not already done so).
3) The Soviets are going to take another crack at Margit Island, which will have some changes to set-up zones and objectives. I have added a sandbag icon to Margit Island to show that the SS Polizei Rgt 6 is "locked" in at this location; this is informational only, and does not represent any allocated fortifications.
4) Weather conditions have changed from Freezing with Flurries to Cold with Light Snow. Ground conditions (patchy snow) are unchanged.

As soon as those last Battalion selections get made, I will be able to prep the remaining battle briefs and get them sent up for Round 2!!!!!

Last edited:
Just so Im clear - this is from Table 9

OK Table 9.png

For the Vertes Track, if Germans use a reserve battalion, Germans get an extra 10% QB purchase. If German use a core battalion, Germans get a normal QB points. And that is true whether Sov use reserve or core?

Just so Im clear - this is from Table 9

View attachment 29459

For the Vertes Track, if Germans use a reserve battalion, Germans get an extra 10% QB purchase. If German use a core battalion, Germans get a normal QB points. And that is true whether Sov use reserve or core?
Yes, Attacking reserves confer the 10% bonus, but defending Reserves do not.

1) The Soviets are counterattacking with the 18th Tank Corps at Tokod. @Brille will need to decide on the Deployment Matrix whether to use the Sturmpanzer Abt, in which case the battle is a Meeting Engagement (Soviet attacker), or either of the 711 Inf Div battalion, in which case the battle becomes a Soviet probe. In both cases, the Soviets will have a 10% bonus.

Oh my, can I have my King Tigers now ? :D

Jokes aside: Where do I have to put my decision again ? Or am I doing it just ingame via the purchase sceen ?

@OnePingOnly @jackal

OPO - another rules clarification as i try to research what I could be facing:
In table 6 it says for soviets "+Lt SPG" can use:
“Armor Only”:
Assault Gun Rgt
(medium),
(or add individual
vehicles)
SU-76M

Then when I look at the Assault Gun medium formation it is composed of SU-100s. Assault Gun Light only has SU-76s

Was this intended where the Soviets can get SU-100s if they pick the entire formation, but only SU-76s if they pick individual vehicles? Or should Table 6 for +Lt SPG be "Assault Gun Rgt (light)"?

Thanks
(also, there is a not insignificant chance I am totally off base for some other reason I dont understand lol)

@OnePingOnly @jackal

OPO - another rules clarification as i try to research what I could be facing:
In table 6 it says for soviets "+Lt SPG" can use:
“Armor Only”:
Assault Gun Rgt
(medium),
(or add individual
vehicles)
SU-76M

Then when I look at the Assault Gun medium formation it is composed of SU-100s. Assault Gun Light only has SU-76s

Was this intended where the Soviets can get SU-100s if they pick the entire formation, but only SU-76s if they pick individual vehicles? Or should Table 6 for +Lt SPG be "Assault Gun Rgt (light)"?

Thanks
(also, there is a not insignificant chance I am totally off base for some other reason I dont understand lol)
@jackal @dkchapuis
Whoops! Table 6 "+Lt SPG" is wrong. It should say "Armor Only": Assault Gun Rgt (light), (or add individual vehicles) SU-76M.

The +Hvy, +Med, and +Lt SPG units are intended to be scaled along with their counterparts in the unit purchase editor. It is not intended that the Light SPG unit be able to field the rather heavy SU-100 :) .

Back