Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Turn 2

So we move on to the YEAR TWO of King Pyrrhus's adventures in Italy.

The situation looks a bit dangerous for Rome... Pyrrhus has managed to bring large parts of south-eastern Italy under his control, but has yet to capture a regional capital.

Rome is licking its wounds after the defeat in the battle of Asculum.

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS -- who will take over as Roman Consul for this campaigning year? -- @chiquichops or @Josey Wales ?... or do we have any other dark horse outside contenders?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that -- Pyrrhus starts with 1 MOMENTUM POINT -- so @kronenblatt gets one bonus DIPLOMATIC action.

Phyrrus campaign Turn 2 Plannning 1.jpg

Attachments

• RoMG - FOG-adapted rules v12 2023-10-19.pdf
    462.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I’m using my DIPLOMACY action from my MOMENTUM of 1 to (try to) wrest MALEVENTUM from Roman control.

Fellow Romans, in this year of my Consulship, we face a significant challenge in the form of Pyrrhus of Epirus. His forces are fierce, but we are Romans, and our determination is unmatched. We fight not only for our city but for the honor and glory of the Roman Republic. We must remember our forebears who built this great nation through sacrifice and courage. Together, we shall prevail, demonstrating the indomitable spirit that defines us as Romans. Let Pyrrhus and his army learn that the might of Rome is an insurmountable force, and we shall protect our homeland at all costs. March forward with courage, and let history remember this day as another triumph for Rome!

Pyrrhus plays his BONUS DIPLOMATIC operation at Maleventum.

(Modifiers: Samnite City +2) Die roll: 10 + 2 = 12 -- SUCCESS -- Maleventum flips to NEUTRAL.

Phyrrus campaign Turn 2 Plannning 2.jpg

1698060927927.png

I have also done the die rolls for the GENERALS (two traits each)

ROME General 1:
4 - Political Conspiratot
10 - Quartermaster

ROME General 2:
3 - Greekling
8 - Quartermaster

CARTHAGE General:
2 - Harsh Administrator
9 - Prosperous

(Carthage has option to keep the same General as TURN 1: 3 - Greekling, 9 - Prosperous

---------------------------------------------------

PYRRHUS:
Semi-divine & Harsh Administrator.

PYRRHUS General 2:
9 - Prosperous
10 - Quartermaster

For reference from the Rules:

GENERAL TRAIT TABLE
1. SOFT: Subtract -1 from his Movement Table results
2. HARSH ADMINISTRATOR: Subtract -1 from his Reinforcement Table results
3. GREEKLING: Add +1 to his Reinforcement Table results
4. POLITICAL CONSPIRATOR: Option to reroll one Diplomacy Table result per turn
5. DRILLMASTER: Add +1 to his Movement Table results
6. ADMIRAL (not Roman side): Add +1 to his Fleet Action Table results
7. ENGINEER: Add +1 to his Siege Table results plus effect on Besieging Regional Capitals
8. PROPAGANDIST: A Momentum gaining event by this general is increased by +1
9. PROSPEROUS: Option to get an additional Talent to increase his army size that season
10. QUARTERMASTER: Strength of his army only reduced by 25%1 if out of supply
11. SEMI-DIVINE (only Pyrrhus): Can once per turn (but at any time during that turn) exercise the effect of any of the Traits above, as a sort of a unique Stratagem

Last edited:
Fellow Romans, in this year of my Consulship, we face a significant challenge in the form of Pyrrhus of Epirus. His forces are fierce, but we are Romans, and our determination is unmatched. We fight not only for our city but for the honor and glory of the Roman Republic. We must remember our forebears who built this great nation through sacrifice and courage. Together, we shall prevail, demonstrating the indomitable spirit that defines us as Romans. Let Pyrrhus and his army learn that the might of Rome is an insurmountable force, and we shall protect our homeland at all costs. March forward with courage, and let history remember this day as another triumph for Rome!
All Pyrrhus really wants is to get some new friends since he couldn’t really get any in Greece. Pyrrhus is sad to read that his outstretched hand is mistaken for a fist punch.

You can try :D
Perhaps I can find you permanent lodgings here...
Enough chit chat, there's only one way to settle this

Planning season is a wrap.

Here is the set up at the start of TURN 2 Campaigning Season.

Roman armies mustering in Rome and Capua.

The Carthaginian army in Panormus.

Pyrrhus's armies are starting off deep in Italian territory at Bovianum and Venusia.

----------------------------------------------------

ROME gets to do the first move.

Consul @chiquichops -- your first Operation please.

Phyrrus campaign Turn 2 Plannning 3.jpg

Back