Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Turn 2

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-31 17.43.07.png
It's heating up a little. After a bit of skirmish play, there are a couple of minor clashes, one on each wing, as the Pyrrhic cavalry get a little too close for comfort.

View attachment 30274
It's heating up a little. After a bit of skirmish play, there are a couple of minor clashes, one on each wing, as the Pyrrhic cavalry get a little too close for comfort.
Yes, now it starts.... :) I must say that my Pyrrhic guys look really cool from ALL angles, with shiny helmets, breastplates, and all. Only the weapons look a bit dull. Now my biggest concern is what's lurking in that cut-out forest of yours...?

The Pyrrhic side wins 42-5. The Greeks' superior cavalry numbers didn't make any difference this time. But securing that first hill through dedicated skirmisher attacks did, because the infantry on the left wing could then enjoy the height advantage. Of importance was also the sheer numbers of the pikes in the centre and on the right wing that wore down the Romans, much thanks to being lucky enough to stay steady and to avoid the slopes and fight on equal ground.

No (non-raw) Pikes broke.

1699128261737.png

Last edited:
Battle for Corfinium ends in a decisive Pyrrhic 42 - 5% victory.

Roman Army II loses 4 strength points and retreats back to Capua. (Die roll for retreat attrition: 10 -- no further points loss for Roman Army II)

Pyrrhus Army II loses no strength points.

-----------------------------------------------------

Back to @kronenblatt

Phyrrus campaign Turn 2 Cam 14.jpg

1699177390116.png

Last edited:
I need to ruminate after such a disaster. I didn't even scratch Pyrrhus'
Don't ruminate too much or too long. The Pyrrhic armies are at the gates of Rome. Well, Pyrrhus himself isn't: he's lingering safely behind the walls of Boviamum, considering the future of his victorious general A(le)xander...:censored:

Back