Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Turn 3

We are on the eve of the third year of battle between Pyrrhus and the Roman Republic.

Welcome to the post of Roman Consul @Josey Wales who will take command of the legions in desperate times for the Republic as the Pyrrhic forces rampage across southern Italy and are at the gates of Rome & Capua.

1699513309379.png

@kronenblatt @chiquichops @Nathangun
It's been a hectic work week from my side -- hoping to get this turn set up and kicked off some time this evening.

Sounds good: thanks. And as you've all seen, A(le)xander is no more, so I'll need to get rolls for a new general. (y)

Glad to be here, I’ll need to get up to speed with things over the weekend.
Yes, it may be good to get accustomed to the rules, especially the army and operations stuff.

Attachments

• RoMG - FOG-adapted rules v12 2023-10-19.pdf
    462.9 KB · Views: 7
Ready to roll with TURN 3.

@kronenblatt -- Pyrrhus starts with TWO Momentum points -- so you get two bonus DIPLOMACY Operations to start off with.

I have done the General's Traits rolls -- will post in your DM's.

@Josey Wales & @kronenblatt -- please send me your OPERATIONS selection as soon as you are able.

Also, your ARMY points & generals assignments.

Rome: 18 points

Carthage: 8

Pyrrhus: 17 points

Phyrrus Turn 3 Camp 01.jpg

Also, please allow me to present Rypphus (Soft & Admiral), the replacement to A(le)xander (Greekling & Political Conspirator)...

Rypphus has been promoted by Pyrrhus entirely based on his (lack of) qualities and (lack of) ambitions and enjoys spending his free time alone, relaxing in his small sailing boat (not ship) in the Aegean.

Yup, that would be him, anchored close to the shore, no sails, and with a cup of wine and a bowl of candied testicles in lark's vomit in his lap, sunbathing.

Ahh, you can tell you're living the life when you've got some vomit on your testicles! As for Consul Chiquichops, he'd best get away for a tour of the provinces before he 'accidentally slips and falls on his sword' while getting out of the bath. :oops:

Pyrrhus plays 1st Momentum Bonus Diplomacy Operation at Catana.

(Die roll modifiers: Momentum +2) Die roll: 7 + 2 = 9 -- Catana flips to Pyrrhus control.

-------------------------------------------------------------

@Josey Wales @kronenblatt

Please DM me your OPERATION chit selection

Assignment of generals to your armies

Strength points assignment to armies

Placement of armies

Phyrrus Turn 3 Camp 03.jpg

1699683320934.png

Sorry guys, after taking some time this morning to catch up on the campaign and start reading the rules I've realised that I just don't have the time to get involved. I love the idea and want to be involved but I'm just kidding myself that I could commit to this with everything else I've got going on. Hopefully someone else can take over this turn. Sorry to be a damp squib but I think it's better to step away than just slow down the momentum.

Sorry guys, after taking some time this morning to catch up on the campaign and start reading the rules I've realised that I just don't have the time to get involved. I love the idea and want to be involved but I'm just kidding myself that I could commit to this with everything else I've got going on. Hopefully someone else can take over this turn. Sorry to be a damp squib but I think it's better to step away than just slow down the momentum.
I respect your decision of course. But what are you afraid of will take too much time? Or is it more about feeling to need to be constantly present on this forum in the back-and-forth of submitting operations?

@kronenblatt it's not just the time but the headspace. Over the last few weeks I had a lot going on personally and thought that once that was all done I'd have some time, but I run my own business and I'm expanding, bringing on new staff, developing new processes etc. I've got a new guy that I need to train up next week on site, which means coming back in the evenings and working on the admin that builds up every day. I'm currently doing a lot of reading and research at weekends on process automation and how best to expand. As I started reading the rules for the game I just got to the point where I said to myself 'I just don't have time for this'.

I do want to be involved as I loved watching the Little Wars series and this looks like great fun but if I'm being totally honest, annoyingly as much as I want it to be, the time isn't right for me.

Full respect for the post, it's good to be clear and honest. Above all, we're just here to have fun. You wouldn't have to commit to as much time dedicated as we perhaps did, but your choice.

@kronenblatt it's not just the time but the headspace. Over the last few weeks I had a lot going on personally and thought that once that was all done I'd have some time, but I run my own business and I'm expanding, bringing on new staff, developing new processes etc. I've got a new guy that I need to train up next week on site, which means coming back in the evenings and working on the admin that builds up every day. I'm currently doing a lot of reading and research at weekends on process automation and how best to expand. As I started reading the rules for the game I just got to the point where I said to myself 'I just don't have time for this'.

I do want to be involved as I loved watching the Little Wars series and this looks like great fun but if I'm being totally honest, annoyingly as much as I want it to be, the time isn't right for me.
I appreciate the post too: thanks for the honest explanation. :)

Back