Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Turn 3

@kronenblatt It's a glitch in the rules that I would change.
What do you suggest?
same with Pyrrhus being able to deploy in Sicily at start without risking perils of naval operation (he would have had to sail his force across in winter)
Yes, that's true. I believe it's part of the original rules from Little Wars, but may need tweaking, maybe to only be able to deploy armies in Italy (and not Sicily) at start of turn.

Maybe only reveal by GM if it affects the result -- like prevent continued.

Or only reveal that army has 13+ points without revealing actual strength?
Yes, both would work and are good ideas (the first one would then apply to other aspects as well, e.g., generals' traits). Let's use them going forward.

As a separate question: should army sizes be revealed when armies make contact and before decision about retreats are made? Or should players have to decide upon retreats without knowing the enemy army's size (unless known before, of course), and then only be revealed when it's time for the actual battle?

Last edited:
Yes, both would work and are good ideas (the first one would then apply to other aspects as well, e.g., generals' traits). Let's use them going forward.

As a separate question: should army sizes be revealed when armies make contact and before decision about retreats are made? Or should players have to decide upon retreats without knowing the enemy army's size (unless known before, of course), and then only be revealed when it's time for the actual battle?
No, I think once they are in contact, scouts will give a good idea generally of enemy army size?

S…..IEGE! on S…..yracuse. @Rico

And I use Pyrrhus’ Semi-Divine Trait and make him an Engineer for this occasion only.

Back