Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Turn 5

FINAL SCORING

The campaign ends in NEGOTIATED PEACE as neither side managed to achieve the Decisive Victory conditions. (see attached at bottom of post)

NEGOTIATED PEACE
If the Turn Track expires (i.e., after five turns) without a decisive victory, the war ends with a negotiated settlement. Compare the value of all controlled cities: each Regional Capital = 5VP, each port = 2VP, and each other city = 1VP. The side with the highest total claims a marginal victory.

Regional capitals:
PYRRHUS controls one = 5 pts
ROME controls two = 10 pts

Ports:
PYRRHUS controls 3 = 6 pts
ROME controls none = 0 pts

Cities:
PYRRHUS controls nine = 9 pts
ROME controls nine = 9 pts

TOTAL:
PYRRHUS: 20
ROME: 19

So despite all his battlefield victories, King Pyrrhus only manages to win by a narrow ONE point margin.

Great campaign all -- was fun to GM. Thanks to @kronenblatt for setting it up and adapting the rules.

1705471302492.png

DECISIVE VICTORY
The campaign ends in a decisive victory for Pyrrhus if he controls all three Regional Capitals at the end of any turn. The Romans win a decisive victory at the end of any turn if both Pyrrhus’s armies are fully eliminated from play or if the Pyrrhus controls no cities anywhere on the map.

Yes, I enjoyed it a lot too. Hope you guys did too: many thanks for taking part, @chiquichops and @Nathangun ! And many thanks for the splendid GM’ing, @Rico ! (y)(y)

There’s a similar campaign on Sicily during the First Punic War, where I’d be happy to participate, why not as a Roman.

:2charge:

Best Field of Glory campaign I've played, a light rule set yet it gives players good options on the campaign map.
Although it seemed Carthagian's were useless (not great at sieges) not been able to do diplomacy or maybe we were using them wrong.
Yes, Carthage probably only played a role when Pyrrhus landed armies on Sicily. In all other situations, they had a difficult situation due to not being able to use DIPLOMACY and SIEGE never got modified and needed 10’s.

I think the rules reflected history pretty well. Pyrrhus could win the battles and still fail to crush Rome.
I'm enjoying this Three Kingdoms too, nice adaptation on the rules and having three players adds a nice dimension.

Back