Round #5 reposted

Guardsman, has somewhat followed the advice and has used the brits as a massed force from the get go and it will be a AAR showing just how quickly the brits can eliminate the pak defence. From there they can advance across the open and take on the objectives.

I already have one matchup wanting to replay it to see for themselves the difference it can make, it does break the normal line of thinking to just roll out there and have nothing more than to trust the armor thickness to work for your defence.

We only got 5 mins left in our battle! It did appear he pushed forward out of the tree line from Sly's comments. But might have been a coincidence. Doesn't really matter since it didn't work out for the Brits. He did manage to limp away two heavies back behind the tree line. The Germans have taken the field!
Congrats again @MeatEtr. Another clean sweep

TBH i would have gone for the right and centre anyway as it was quickly obvious the left looked a deadly warren and slogging match. The infantry platoon and light support i sent that way received a bloody nose. I've used Churchills often in PBEM Normandy fights so know they can deflect even a Tiger/88 strike at certain ranges or angles, so i had 'reasonable' trust in my frontal armour of the heavies and just took up a firing screen from the tree line to present too many targets and have the most amount of firepower. It paid off! Doesnt pay to be over-complacent in CM fights though, i know how quickly you can go from hero to zero and Sly is mustering more nasties against me.

I've used Churchills often in PBEM Normandy fights so know they can deflect even a Tiger/88 strike at certain ranges or angles, so i had 'reasonable' trust in my frontal armour of the heavies and just took up a firing screen from the tree line to present too many targets and have the most amount of firepower. It paid off! Doesnt pay to be over-complacent in CM fights though, i know how quickly you can go from hero to zero and Sly is mustering more nasties against me.

You want me to keep it interesting , dont you

let me be the first to Congratulate Meatetr Once again, on not only winning this Tournament, But at times just dominating it.

He once again has won all five of his battles. A amazing adcheivement in and of itself.

But lets add that to him now completing his 5th Tournament and If I am not mistaken. This would be his 22th of 25 battles won.

And there was one battle he lost, if given another minute, he would have won that one also.

He has had the best battle score 9 games and this game might be his 10th.

He truly is a exceptional player. A level few would ever adcheive.

Looking at the end results in this battle. I see not only a exceptional defensive set up. But him being true to himself, appears he went on a counter attack in the late stages just to add insult to injury.

Mad Mike, do not feel bad, you are not the first or the last that will be grind to a pulp playing against this master.

OK, that is enough of blowing Meatetrs ego up to a new level.

For those that want to play to his weakness. it is CMBS, that is where he showed himself to be human. Or at least not as skilled at mastering it as to the game anyway.

For the rest of you dudes. Anyone that adcheives 4 wins can feel really good about what they have adcheived.
Job well done, no easy task.

those with 3 wins can still feel like winners.

Those with 2 or less. (just lets you know there is challenges to face, the question is , do you take it and keep learning and stiving for improvement or do you give up) only you will decide what type of person you are.

let me be the first to Congratulate Meatetr Once again, on not only winning this Tournament, But at times just dominating it.

He once again has won all five of his battles. A amazing adcheivement in and of itself.

But lets add that to him now completing his 5th Tournament and If I am not mistaken. This would be his 22th of 25 battles won.

And there was one battle he lost, if given another minute, he would have won that one also.

He truly is an exceptional player
Are we sure that he's actually human :ROFLMAO:. Congratulations @MeatEtr on yet another tournament win.

Looking at the end results in this battle. I see not only a exceptional defensive set up. But him being true to himself, appears he went on a counter attack in the late stages just to add insult to injury.

Mad Mike, do not feel bad, you are not the first or the last that will be grind to a pulp playing against this master.

For those that want to play to his weakness. it is CMBS, that is where he showed himself to be human. Or at least not as skilled at mastering it as to the game anyway.

Yeah, I don't feel too bad about it .. I guess @MeatEtr got bored once my initial attack was defeated, because in the final 10 minutes he even counterattacked :eek:. Well played indeed.

Thanks for running the tournament, I enjoyed the battles and unique challenges they provided. (y)
I liked battle #2 the most, since it felt like a quite balanced affair with lots of open ground to try different approaches.

Well, for sure battle 2 was the most balenced and a little more like a meeting engagement then any of the other battles.

Most of the others were very one sided as to who was going to win on the map, but as to how players would preform.

I think battle 3 was very interesting, then this battle.

Battle one was in 4th place and then battle 4 was maybe the least favorite battle.

But again it is interesting to see 12 battles of eached played. Because there will be a few games that are intense affairs. some that are somewhat expected play, a few that might be a real bore with no good engagements through the whole battle.

In otherwords, I can only create a situation, I sure cannot create how the 2 players playing each other will treat the situation.

it was clear from the first Tournament where I could review the battles. Players have way more impact to the results than anything i can do to the design.

This tournament has proven that once again, most of these battles were very onesided. but I was amazed that each time one or 2 players from the weak side would manage to have a victory, even if very slight. A impressive feat no matter how one looks at it.

6 games still out, but all are progressing, but it will be weeks before enough are completed for me to sit down and calc your final scores and such. But it was clear at this point as to who our overall winner was.

Oh, if you are wondering about my Next Tournament, yes one is coming. But I am making a twist.

Its going to be called "Field Warriors - enlisted Tournament"

Battles are going to be smaller, all ranks earned will be enlisted" battles are going to be shorter, smaller, and a little more focused on small unit tactics.

Last edited:

He once again has won all five of his battles. A amazing achievement in and of itself.

He truly is a exceptional player. A level few would ever achieve.

Thanks Sly, much appreciate that! Thanks again for running yet another fun and challenging tourney. These tourneys of yours are simply the best! Hard to believe its been so many battles and tourneys now. 22 wins out of 25 and now might get number one score in 10 of those. Wow!

I do remember that battle I would of won if we had one more minute. Was in your CMFI tourney and I was defending against Lethaface's attack. But he had to bow out in the last several turns so you took over for him. Yeah very close and fun battle!

I do love these tactical puzzles! I no doubt spend an above average amount of time doing my turns/setups. Especially for this defense setup, since its very much live or die by it. No changing or moving bunkers/guns around. So I often like to form a general plan and then sleep on it. Come back the next day and I almost always see or come up with something better. Or at least maybe a tweak here or there.

But yeah the modern stuff I do feel a bit like a duck outta water. Just don't know the weapon systems as much as the WWII toys. Not to mention the big boost in lethality of everything.

Yeah, I don't feel too bad about it .. I guess @MeatEtr got bored once my initial attack was defeated, because in the final 10 minutes he even counterattacked :eek:. Well played indeed.

Thanks for running the tournament, I enjoyed the battles and unique challenges they provided. (y)
I liked battle #2 the most, since it felt like a quite balanced affair with lots of open ground to try different approaches.
Thanks Mike! Yeah once I saw your last two heavies withdraw and noticed you didn't have much infantry in the woods. I figured why not push forward and take out your tanks immobilized from the AT mines. Though your Piat almost made my TD pay for my aggressiveness!

I did expect more infantry there, so I setup some TRPs and trenches for my fallback position. But didn't need this as you kept the bulk of your infantry loaded up for an eventual push to the OBJs once the PaK front was defeated. Which obviously never happen. But this one feels pretty tough for the attacking Brits. So hats off to any Brit player that takes the field in this one.

Thanks for the game! (y)

After such a description of MeatEtr I really would like to see this exceptional defense setup. I often have a problem with defence ;)
Are you planning to do some AARs?

After such a description of MeatEtr I really would like to see this exceptional defense setup. I often have a problem with defence ;)
Are you planning to do some AARs?
I can do a little AAR with pics for you. No big deal I've done them in the past. Keep an eye out for Slys eventual Rd 5 AAR thread. Also there's AAR threads for all the previous rds as well if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom