Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

SIEGE OF BASTOGNE - possible successor tourney to Fall Of The Third Reich

Won't really work ... impossible to keep track of the US defender's progress players with shifting opponents every round. How would we score them?
I was thinking no tracking or scoring at all for the defenders, they just play as the Americans. Surely they will get some satisfaction in keeping the Axis out of Bastogne.

Not sure about the team idea, if somebody has to drop out its pretty easy grabbing a replacement. Also not too thrilled about sharing battles either. Considering the tourney should be over in 6-10 battles anyway.

Or just keep it the same, 8 players play 2 battles per turn. If it aint broke.... ;)

I was thinking no tracking or scoring at all for the defenders, they just play as the Americans. Surely they will get some satisfaction in keeping the Axis out of Bastogne.

Not sure about the team idea, if somebody has to drop out its pretty easy grabbing a replacement. Also not too thrilled about sharing battles either. Considering the tourney should be over in 6-10 battles anyway.

Or just keep it the same, 8 players play 2 battles per turn. If it aint broke.... ;)

I'm a big fan of "keeping it simple." :cool:

Scoring is simple. Set number of battles. Axis doesn't get there in that number of games, Allied team wins! Think team USA in the Gary Owen cup! :p

It's not a team competition :cool:
True. Was just throwing out an idea, and trying to keep it simple at the same time. The Germans were under a time-crunch in that operation, and the thought occurred to me that the idea would add that element.

Your tournament is very cool, and if there is a way to get a few more people involved that would be great.

Looks like you have an overabundance of interest (including from FOTR players), Rico. That said, I'd be interested in doing this as well, since FOTR looks like a lot of fun.
Heck, I'd even volunteer to pick up American defender games just for experience, but totally get the value and desire of actual tourney players trying to stop their rivals.

Looks like you have an overabundance of interest (including from FOTR players), Rico. That said, I'd be interested in doing this as well, since FOTR looks like a lot of fun.
Heck, I'd even volunteer to pick up American defender games just for experience, but totally get the value and desire of actual tourney players trying to stop their rivals.

I am toying with idea of running this as TWO parallel tourneys -- one with players being German attackers... and another with another set of players playing US defenders.
(The Patton track will be active in both iterations)

So that would accommodate 16 players in total across the two tourneys.

I am toying with idea of running this as TWO parallel tourneys -- one with players being German attackers... and another with another set of players playing US defenders.

That would be great! Count me in if you have the extra slots.
In the last year, I have experience fighting the Battle of the Bulge (I have a physical next week, and my doctor will no doubt say I am losing).

Will you be setting up "neutral" weather and ground condition like FOTR, or going all-in with snow and cold? appropriate to the Bulge?

Last edited:

I think that's a great idea. Maybe also have competition between the two tournaments where the fastest group gets some extra glory. After giving a good fight, at least. Am also interested in this

From my perspective the more people can play the more fun it is.

Back