Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

SIEGE OF BASTOGNE - possible successor tourney to Fall Of The Third Reich

Hope I am not late here, but I put my hand up to take up a player slot.

Hi, I would like to join this tourney as well (if any spot will be still available).
Thanks

Now that Fall Of The Third Reich has basically wrapped (we just need to see if @MeatEtr 's US 3rd Army will have to share 1st Prize with @Stafford 's 8th Army in Italy), time to start thinking of starting this.

Shall we use same battle parameters as in the FOT3R tourney?... alternating Probe and Meeting Engagement battles.

Open to any suggestions of how to improve it.

One change I will be making is that opponents will be rotated around, so there won't be repeat battles vs same opponent until you have played everybody else.

As suggested, two possible simultaneous tourneys:

FIRST one, German Kampfgruppen fighting their way through to Bastogne

siege-of-bastogne-germans-2-jpg.25452

SECOND one: US Task Forces fighting to defend Bastogne.

siege-of-bastogne-americans-sammple-jpg.25494

How do the Quick Battles work in a campaign like this? Are players free to choose their OOBs including gimmicky force mixes? What are the rules?

Tourney - understood. Are the pre-agreed upon limitations published somewhere?

These were used in FOT3R tourney...

QUICK BATTLE SETTINGS (edited after further input)

Battle Type: Probe or Meeting Engagement (alternating each round)

Battle Size: Small

Length: 30 minutes

Map: Provided by GM -- MAP PREVIEW allowed

Region: (attacker selection - not sure if relevant)

Year: 1944

Month: Attacker choice

Daylight: DAY (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Weather: Random

Ground: Attacker selection

Rarity: Standard

Combat Force: MIX (is default but players can agree on other settings like all-infantry... as long as they are reasonably balanced)

Service: attacker and defender each can discuss and choose - (just make sure that if you set it to MIX, that the arm of service or country actually HAS tanks or armour)

Unit purchase: Human

LIMITS

Artillery

Meeting Engagements: no TRPs, no pre-planning artillery.
Probe: defender is allowed to purchase TRPs, attacker allowed to set pre-planned artillery missions.

No limits on calibres -- too few points anyway for anything large and battles too quick.

Big Cats
1 cat limit per normal battle

NO limit in AXIS counter attack battles.

Air Support
No air support allowed.

The above settings are the DEFAULT -- if they want, PLAYERS can adjust these settings for their particular battle by mutual agreement/consent

As said before I would be happy to play if the dance room is not already full :)
If so, given that the games are small and quick I am up for a double tournament.

These were used in FOT3R tourney...

Big Cats
1 cat limit per normal battle
I assume 'cats' are Panther and Tiger tanks as well as Sturm- and Jagd- models of those? Are there any American tanks with similar restrictions?

I would like to play if there is room. I am OK with either version. Based on the setting I assume we'll be using CMBN, right?

I'm confirming my previous confirmation of my confirmed interest in joining. Combat Command OPO has a nice ring to it.:)

As to improvements from FOTR, I can't say... but the rules above look solid and easy to understand. Only question I had was whether or not the weather/ground should default to one of the variations on snow.

I'm confirming my previous confirmation of my confirmed interest in joining. Combat Command OPO has a nice ring to it.:)

As to improvements from FOTR, I can't say... but the rules above look solid and easy to understand. Only question I had was whether or not the weather/ground should default to one of the variations on snow.
The rules above are an example of those used in Fall of 3rd Reich - so will be adjusted.
Not sure we need a “big cats” limitation as by this point US have enough firepower to handle them?

Back