Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Falklands War 1982

Can anyone recommend a good overall read of the campaign, preferably looking at both sides dispassionately?

Can anyone recommend a good overall read of the campaign, preferably looking at both sides dispassionately?

Difficult to answer, I look at it this way:

This was a war that could have been avoided, because of the situation in our country was, the political interests of an Argentine military government that was dying and needed popular support somehow mixed.
On 2 april 1982, argentine troops landed on the islands on the orders of then President Lieutenant General Leopoldo Fortunato Galtieri.
The militias remained there for 74 days, until 14 June, when the british won the war.
Our men faced a power that earned them in every aspect (a force of the highest caliber in training, armament and military resources of all kinds), but they still had the courage to face them.
But the war was not lost on June 14.
The war was lost the day that the british ships sailed to come to retrieve the islands.
It was only a matter of time, it was just a matter of waiting for the outcome.

Arg. members of the 601 Company get ready to board a helicopter in the Strait of San Carlos, May 1982.
9IyVHlK.jpg

Was my first thought as well. But as I cant see that square pice at the end I assumed it is a Bazooka.

Back