Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

THREE KINGDOMS - FOG Medieval Campaign - TURN 4

Time to get this bad boy rolling.

Three Kingdoms -- an epic, FOG Medieval campaign set on a fictional island in the 15th Century, split between three warring states -- with rules based on the Return to Graecia campaign that @kronenblatt adpated for FOG II Ancients from the original Little Wars TV campaign.

@Nathangun will be playing the Kingdom of Catania, which uses the German (Imperial) (1488-1500) army list.

@chiquichops will be playing the Duchy of Agrigento, which uses the Venetian (1440-1500) army list.

@Rico will be playing the Sultanate of Syracusa, which uses the Ottoman Turkish (1430 - 1500) army list. (some would say I am a sucker for punishment ;) )

THREE KINGDOMS fin222.jpg

Rules are pretty much sorted -- we may adapt some as we go along -- there are a few FOW logistics to sort out (@kronenblatt has generously offered to help there)

... and how we used online shared dice rooms like https://www.rolldicewithfriends.com/ for the dice rolls.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Yes, @chiquichops @Nathangun @Rico . I am happy and willing to assist in whatever you'd like me to. For example, that I set up (much like you did, @Rico, for Magna Graecia) three separate conversations, one for each of you, in which you provide me with your respective choices of OPERATIONS for the turn in question. Also, that you provide me with your army sizes (secret at start). So basically acting as a safe of hidden information that you yourselves will reveal along the way as and when you enact OPERATIONS and your armies stumble upon each other. Would that be ok? Anything else?

I think that it's better that you run the dice rolls yourselves (or one of you) so that you don't have to wait for me. That web site provides excellent traceability anyway. :)

Last edited:
TURN 1 Planning Phase

The Turn 1 player sequence is:
1. @Rico
2. @Nathangun
3. @chiquichops

I have sent the Sultanate of Syracusa purchases, army points & deployments and operations to @kronenblatt.

@chiquichops and @Nathangun -- please do the same.

NOTE: I've upped the income points of the CAPITALS to 13 Gold -- which gives a starting total of 28 Gold for everyone -- a bit more points to play with.

I've also added INCOME tables for every faction and updated the PURCHASE COST table at the bottom right of the map.

3 Kingdoms Turn 1 Planning.jpg

Alright... I've received uses of gold from each of you, plus specifications of ten Operations. So you're good to go. :)

What should I reveal in this thread at this point in time, @Rico?

@chiquichops @Nathangun @Rico
The deployment locations of armies and siege train (if any were bought) -- and any fortification upgrades.

Kingdom of Catania

Deployment of armies
  • Trapani, with siege train.
  • Licata.

Duchy of Agrigento

Deployment of armies
  • Vetrano.
  • Raguza.
Upgrade of fortifications
  • Borgetto.
  • Kastamone.

Sultanate of Syracuse

Deployment of armies
  • Adana, with siege train.
  • Cafalu.
Upgrade of fortifications
  • Zhata.

@chiquichops needs to redeploy his Vetrano army to a Major Town like Raguza (square locations)

Armies may deploy in any friendly-controlled major town or the capital city on the mainland. Two friendly armies may deploy together in the same space if they wish. Armies may not deploy in minor towns or on any of the minor island spaces.

Off we go -- straight into a high risk strategy!!

Sultanate of Syracusa plays a FLEET Operation -- landing Army I (with Siege Train) at Rezuttano.

Die Roll: 2 -- Scattered! Landing successful, but army losses 20% points immediately.

Syracusa Army I reduced to 6 strength points (and is revealed as it's now in enemy territory)

---------------------------------------

Over to @Nathangun

Turn 1 Camp 01.jpg

Last edited:
Fleet Action! Army 2 from Licata to Rezuttano dice roll.... 7

yJVk0Zu.png

Okay, quite a breezy start -- we have a battle right in TURN 1.

King @Nathangun has shipped the Catania Army II to Rezuttano to face off against the Syracusan landing force -- and the Catanian fleet does a better job of shipping & landing their troops - no losses at all.

As there is nowhere for the Syracusan Army to go, the Sultan commands they stay and fight to the bitter end.

@Nathangun -- I'll set up the battle (it'll be quite a small one -- 900 points vs 600 points)

Turn 1 Camp 02.jpg

Last edited:
Back