Trump

I'd trust the former General on this one...

12806218_1259608094050166_5400348664754346022_n.jpg

We never say Shrimp on the barbie. They're called 'Prawns.' Actually it's quite rare we put seafood on barbie.
- Our elections, though possible, will never be in September to coincide with the finals season for the football codes. (AFL and Rugby). It's well known by all it

On this, and something I've noticed Americans tend to find fascinating (maybe here too?) - We vote on a Saturday. Apparently this isn't a thing over there? Or doesn't have to be a thing? Is generally not a thing? It should be a thing. Also, we have sausage sizzles at our electoral places almost as an unwritten rule. If you vote and there is no sausage, you are voting at the wrong booth.

On this, and something I've noticed Americans tend to find fascinating (maybe here too?) - We vote on a Saturday. Apparently this isn't a thing over there? Or doesn't have to be a thing? Is generally not a thing? It should be a thing. Also, we have sausage sizzles at our electoral places almost as an unwritten rule. If you vote and there is no sausage, you are voting at the wrong booth.
Yeah it's always a Tuesday in the USA from memory.

Yeah vote and then grab a sausage in a bun for a dollar. Vote and then do something meaningful like chipping some dollars to a local community / sporting group. :D Even our hardware stores have sausage sizzles out the front on weekends.

Video highlights a big problem with US electoral law there too. For a country with voluntary voting and... a very different perspective to employment law than Australia... it could pose some serious issues to the enfranchisement of certain sectors of the population. Is there a protection in US or some State laws to ensure people who wish to can get time off to vote without risking their jobs? Admittedly many people work on too but not nearly as many as would a Tuesday!

In the U.S., the polls generally open early (7am) and stay open until 7pm, if I remember correctly. We also have "early voting", which means you can cast your vote weeks in advance.

What's a "sausage sizzle"? I assume it involves cooking sausages. Are they given away or sold? Are we talking sausage patties or links? Anything served with them? I like my sausage patties inside a biscuit.

I ike the onions way better then the sauerkraut!

Happy that winter has almost passed and the typical winterdish sauerkraut (or "zuurkool" as we call it) is from the menu!

Is it a positive for Trump that he now is endorsed by Ben Carson? Just saying.

Video highlights a big problem with US electoral law there too. For a country with voluntary voting and... a very different perspective to employment law than Australia... it could pose some serious issues to the enfranchisement of certain sectors of the population. Is there a protection in US or some State laws to ensure people who wish to can get time off to vote without risking their jobs? Admittedly many people work on too but not nearly as many as would a Tuesday!
Voting can also be done by mail, and there is a deadline by which you need to get your vote postmarked. I vote by mail every year with no need to miss any work, and my vote is in well before election Tuesday (the Tuesday after the first Monday in November).

Back
Top Bottom