Tunisian Campaign - CMFI Tournament

Hi all -- wanting to sound out if there would be interest in this tournament idea -- something a little different (I hope)

A CMFI Quick Battle tournament set in the closing months of the Tunisian Campaign -- using July 1943 kit and forces, but custom-built maps reflecting the North African battlefield.

Tunisia screenshot.jpg

This is either for FIVE players or TEN players and would work a little differently depending on how many players sign up.

Tunisia Tourney map 3 flat sample.jpg

We have a map with FIVE tracks (two US and three British) that players as ALLIED Commanders need to fight along to get to their end target of either TUNIS or ENFIDAVILLE.
The unit designations are for flavour only -- but the US tracks will use only American units, the British tracks only British.

BATTLES:
Battles are all 30 turn Small QB's
We alternate between PROBE and ME battles from one round to the next.
Each round all players play on the SAME custom-built Tunisian Campaign map provided by me.

ADVANCING:
A Total, Major or Tactical Victory will allow you to advance to the next square -- anything less and you will need to refight that square in the next turn (using a new map for that round)

COUNTER-ATTACKS
From Round 2 onwards, in each round, one random track will take its turn in fending of an Axis spoiling counter-attack.

OPPONENTS:
There are two possible variants:

FIVE PLAYERS:
In this version all players rotate through playing the Axis side against their competitors, trying to slow them down and keep them from getting to the finish first.

TENPLAYERS:
In this version five players take turns playing the defending Axis forces trying to stop the Allied advance -- they are rotated from one track to the next every round.

The Axis players players get awarded points for how well they do in their battles -- and compete amongst themselves who is the best Axis commander when the tourney ends.
(Total Vict: 8, Maj Vict: 6, Tact Vict: 5 etc...)

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post is just to gauge interest -- if response is positive, then I can post more details -- like to keep it light and fun. :)

I might blow off the CM cobwebs and join in as an Axis commander if we have the numbers.

Looking for players with reliable & quick turn rates -- we will take a break of a few weeks over the Christmas holidays as I will be travelling.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shoot any questions over if you have 'em.

PS: Might also be looking for someone to assist in corralling players :cool:

In order to avoid the Axis player abusing the Tiger purchase, Tigers could be purchased only when the Germans are counterattacking (Axis Probe).
The rarity in these battles should be strict. With these settings an Axis player could attack (max) with an Infantry Coy + a mix Plt of Panzers ( 2 PzVI, 3 Pz IVG) which is somehow a realistic force mix and a force mix that the Allies could match.
For artillery no TRPs for the attacker or preplan artillery at the objectives will ensure that the artillery will not be abused. The defender could use TRPs but not on the attacker's setup zone.

Last edited:
In order to avoid the Axis player abusing the Tiger purchase, Tigers could be purchased only when the Germans are counterattacking (Axis Probe).
The rarity in these battles should be strict. With these settings an Axis player could attack (max) with an Infantry Coy + a mix Plt of Panzers ( 2 PzVI, 3 Pz IVG) which is somehow a realistic force mix and a force mix that the Allies could match.
For artillery no TRPs for the attacker or preplan artillery at the objectives will ensure that the artillery will not be abused. The defender could use TRPs but not on the attacker's setup zone.

I think those are all good and reasonable, I think.

+1 to the Tiger restrictions

Not a fan of strict rarity, I like more options/freedom for players. Also end up seeing the same exact forces every battle. Prefer Loose, maybe this could be an optional setting.

As for arty, I think the abuse usually comes from defenders dumping it on or near the attackers setup zone. While allowing the attacker to use pre-planned but no TRPs. Also for the defender, no pre planning but restrict to just one TRP.

Just my 2 cents! (y)

I am tempted to keep things simple and run it with just you five players:

@Bootie
@Nort
@Nathangun
@Cargol
@MeatEtr

You'll play two battles per round, one Allied and one as Axis vs one of your fellow tourney competitors.

Does anyone have preferences if they want to play US or British tracks -- or shall I just do a random draw?

Back
Top Bottom