Tunisian Campaign - CMFI Tournament

Ready to kick off with some last minute adjustments -- this is where we stand.

I am also withdrawing myself -- a work project which I thought had been quietly cancelled, has come back to life and will have me tied in knots all of November into mid-December.
And @MeatEtr also has to withdraw due to RL work commitments.

I am keeping the tourney at SIX players and slotting in @A Canadian Cat and @OnePingOnly to take our places.

@A Canadian Cat takes over the US 34th Division track, and @OnePingOnly the US 1st Armored Division track.

I'll keep @Gunner in mind as a replacement player.

So, we're just about ready to start the battles for Round 1 -- I'll post the QB map file and the QB parameters this evening.

To determine the Axis defender, I just ratchet the player name down one slot every Round, so if we play long enough, everybody will end up playing everybody at least once.

(see updated map below)

00_Tunisia Tourney Round 1 new.jpg

FIRST ROUND BATTLES:

46th Br Inf Div: TABARKA: @Cargol vs @Nathangun (Axis Defender)

78th Br Inf Div: LE KEF: @Nort vs @Cargol (Axis Defender)

34th US Inf Div: TEBESSA: @A Canadian Cat vs @Nort (Axis Defender)

1st US Inf Div: KASSERINE: @Bootie vs @A Canadian Cat (Axis Defender)

1st US Arm Div: EL GUETTAR: @OnePingOnly vs @Bootie (Axis Defender)

Eight Army: GABES: @Nathangun vs @OnePingOnly (Axis Defender)

Attachments

• Tunisia Round 1.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not sure about the PBEM+++
I am not at all interested in dealing with PBEM++ for this or any other match up. I will if I have to but this is just too flaky for prime time.
@A Canadian Cat takes over the US 34th Division track, and @OnePingOnly the US 1st Armored Division track.
Sweet thanks.

I've added the QB map file here and to my previous post with the battle draws.

ALLIED player sets up.

QB Parameters:

Quick Battle

30 Turn Small Allied Probe

Allied attacker: either US or British (to match your track)

Axis Defender: German Army or Luftwaffe

Force mix both sides: MIX

Year: 1943

Month: July

Day

Weather: Clear

Ground conditions: Very Dry

Rarity: Loose

Rules of Engagement:

No Tigers for Germans

No pre-planned arty on attacker set up zone.

Attacker can use pre-planned arty but no TRPs.

Defender: no pre planned arty, but restricted to just one TRP

Players can also agree on their own ROE's -- we're all grown up CM vets here ;-)

Attachments

• Tunisia Round 1.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 4
I'm not a fan of the PBEM+++ system myself. If @Cargol & @OnePingOnly are up to the old fashioned Drop Box that would be great.
I have yet to successfully use the PBEM, so @Nathangun I can do DropBox if @Rico is OK with it.

@Bootie I'll ry to get PBEM going with you - may need some coaching. would like to think I can still be taught new things :D.

I will get our game set up tonight or tomorrow @A Canadian Cat do you want German Army or Luftwaffe?

I havent used dropbox in a long time... whats the process again as Ive been using PBEM +++?
Hey if you want to use PBEM++ then lets do it. Let me know the challenge name and pw that you set. I will take German Army please.

I used PBEM++ in my last game with Badger73 and it was seamless. What is the problem you guys are having?
There are three categories for the issues:
Integration with a game lobby (only partially relevant here since we are not going to a lobby to find games or see who's playing):
- There is no lobby or UI you can use to comfortably see games and who has started them
- The integration into the Matrix system is all arcane UI and clumsy
- Password not remembered - which means you have to have an easy pw since you have to type it every time
- Have to check to box to share email every time - if you forget at the start no email sharing will happen no matter what (BTW that email sharing is a line in a tiny font somewhere)

Tournament problems (only Matrix can run a tournament in this context so not at all relevant here):
- Intermediate scoring is just way off - some will say it doesn't matter because the final score will be used: I wish it were so
- If one side surrenders or both sides cease fire the final game score is not recorded
- Frequently one side will not see the game's ending turn

Issues that can impact every game:
- Frequently one side will not see the game's final turn
- Notification of turns is painful - especially if you have multiple games going on
- Notification of turn is unreliable

Yes, all of this has been reported. Some of is just not practically fixable (e.g. lobby and UI issues). Some of it is hard and deemed not worth the effort (e.g. tournament scoring and problems with surrendering or cease firing in tournaments). Some of it is hard to reproduce (e.g. missing game final turns).

@Cargol

I will be home Sunday, and can set up our game then.

When I set up our game, do you want to be “German Army” or Luftwaffe?”

I also still have our Dropbox folder from our prior games. Do you need me to send you another invite to join the folder? If so, what email address should I use?
German Army please and do send an invitation to re-join our file. From 29/10 until 03/11 I will be offline

Back
Top Bottom