Upgrade 2.0 problems and bugs

I

idiot94

Ok, brothers, please report any problems you guys met with 2.0 in either solo game or PBEM game. Any glitch, crash or bugs please.

Also if there were problems, but you figured out how to solve it, please also post both the problem and solution here as well.

Many thanks!

Shaders (ALT+R) do not toggle in v2 if not upgraded from v1.11.
Solved by copying the Normandy v111.brz file from another install into the Data folder of the v2 install which was upgraded from v1.11 directly.

I upgraded and my EXE file has gone from the game so game will not start :-(

Bidermann, This is a known fact with certain virus scanners placing the exe in quarantine or deleting it.
There are a few threads at BFC forums about it.

looks like i will have to reinstall the game from scratch

No exe to be found inside your virus scanner's quarantine folder?
I have read others who have not either. Pitty. Be sure to disable the virus scanner before installing!

Thank you guys. There seems to be very few problems so far, very nice!

I have Norton and have to turn it off, install game, turm Norton back on and go to the quarentine folder and allow the Battlefront file to resume.

It looks like a few players are suffering with a 5% Crash Bug associated with 2.0

It's affecting Cargol and myself at least.

It's been noted as an issue in Tech Support on the BF Forums.

It renders 2.0 completely unplayable for those affected.

The only games I'm currently still able to play are 2 games I'm playing in 2.0, but were started in 1.11 before patching to version 2.0
All games made in 2.0 have failed.

I'll be contacting people I'm currently setting games up with, to let them know I'll be unable to play until a Hotfix is released by BF.

Yeah, i have at least 3 games that i cant play cause the game is crushing at the 2nd turn.
I m plying a QB in 2.0 but i think that idiot94 converted the game from 1.11
The other CMBN games in 2.0 which i m playing are scenarios.
Quite strange and disturbing.

Well, this time, it seems *I* am the lucky dude .... Totally unintentionally I started to use the same game file Cargol and I were playing (upgraded from 1.10 to 1.11 and then to 2.0) ---- and according to you guys' description, this is the "only" way to make things going in QB?

Well well, I guess I did not wait long enough. Perhaps Shorker is being bugged by this issue now .... The turn I sent him crashed and he made a new turn for me. And again I was able to open and play, but probably it crashes on his side again.

But since everything is fine if one update a game started in 1.11 to 2.0 and continue, I actually can do this: I can start a game in 1.11 (since I reinstalled again and again due to earlier crashes, now I have all versions on my computer... irony, right?: ) ), and then upgrade it to 2.0 and then continue, but ... what the h.....

I upgraded and my EXE file has gone from the game so game will not start :-(

@Biderman : You need to open your virus scanner (I'm using Norton Anitvirus from Symantec Corp.), then open the quarantine area. Select all files called "Normandy.exe" (or what they called so ever - you will recognise them) and click on "restore files" and after that you also need to click on "exclude from future virus scans".

I have also told my Norton to exclude all my Battlefront folders (Combat Mission folders, Normandy, Fortress Italy etc. - all relevant folders).

When installing the game, I always shut off my Norton.

When uninstalling Combat Mission, use the uninstall button from the game - not the "uninstall software option from Windows". The "Windows Way" will always launch the licensing process with battlefront.
(So I will use it only if I'm buying a new PC and need to remove my CM games to the new machine.

After you have uninstalled Combat Mission by using the uninstall button from the game, don't clean up your Windows registry! This will eliminate your licenses.

You may have several versions of Combat Mission installed on your PC at the same time(for example to finish old games in version 1.10 and start new ones in version 2.0). The license is always meant for a PC (harddisk)- not for an installation of the game.

I hope that my tipps are somewhat helpful. ;)

After I tought that my mods where the problem I removed my Z folder but I still have this problem

CMNormandy2012-12-2111-14-08-96_zps4a95c3c6.png

Ok found out that this has to do with shaders. Does anyone know which mods do work?

No doubt - that must be the "Ghost Division"! *gg! ;)

It is a bit strange that nearly every unit seems to be affected and even the ground. Did you install the patch 1.11 before you upgraded to 2.0? Without patch 1.11 the shader function in 2.0 does not work.

Back
Top Bottom