Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Wars Of The Roses Campaign: Chiquichops vs Rico

In California, at a hill farm,. We had 4 and a half feet of snow, I had to dig my car out today. I'll check out the page now and get started.
Thanks for your patience Rico and I'm sorry I couldn't warn you I'd be away like that. Our internet broke (I drove over it on the quad) :D

So, you set up that battle then? I'll take a look.
Here goes, I need to regain initiative here, I'm on a back foot.

The battle in GLOUCESTER ends badly for the Yorkists -- after a cagey and cautious start, the battle lines clashed and a Yorkist spearmen unit fragments and routs on first impact, tearing a line in the York centre and the King leads his mounted knight in a counter attack to help plug the line... and pays the ultimate price.
The Yorkist army routs and the House of Lancaster regains the crown. (the battle was going pretty badly for the Yorkists at this point anyway... )

War Of Roses Turn 4c.jpg

That was a welcome result. I get a king again don't I? Can I make Gloucester the capital? Not sure how that goes. I would also like to use my points to convert London over to Lancastrian.

I think Gloucester is more advantageous as capital right now.
As for an attack...
Moving into LINCOLN from ESSEX.
Let's hope we can consolidate this advantage now.

I pulled off a win, despite my C in C routing. I'm going to keep the pressure up @Rico , obviously. There's no point giving up the initiative here. I have enough PP to sway Calais to my side, that's my first move.
Morale was very resilient on both sides there, apart from your Welsh spearmen, who crumbled at first contact. Those War of the Roses battles were particularly bloody. Towton, in 1461 was probably the largest and bloodiest battle on English soil.

I pulled off a win, despite my C in C routing. I'm going to keep the pressure up @Rico , obviously. There's no point giving up the initiative here. I have enough PP to sway Calais to my side, that's my first move.
Morale was very resilient on both sides there, apart from your Welsh spearmen, who crumbled at first contact. Those War of the Roses battles were particularly bloody. Towton, in 1461 was probably the largest and bloodiest battle on English soil.

I'll update the campaign map this evening -- but your Lancastrians have pretty much won this on points -- but not all the Yorkist "crown contenders" have been eliminated.

Yes, reading the history of it, the Wars of the Roses warfare seemed to be particlarly aggressive strategy-wise and bloody for the period -- very few of the "capture nobles & knights and ransom them" ... executing noble prisoners seemed the norm, besides the vicious fighting on the battlefields.

Turn 6 and the House of Lancaster is dominant, with only two regions and YORK still loyal to the Yorkists.

Lancaster uses its 3 Prestige Points to swing CALAIS over to their side in the political phase.

The foreign intervention die roll ironically picks this moment to have the FRENCH attack CALAIS ... very late in the day, mon amis.

@chiquichops -- you want to attack anywhere?

War Of Roses Turn 6a.jpg

I knew the French would stick their noses in, I'm keen for a fight anyway.
Of course I'll attack, we might as well make this as bloody as possible. My army moves from Gloucester into Lancaster to take the Yorkist capital.
I'll set up my attack, King's battle, usual PW. You can set up the French challenge, @Rico , ok?

I knew the French would stick their noses in, I'm keen for a fight anyway.
Of course I'll attack, we might as well make this as bloody as possible. My army moves from Gloucester into Lancaster to take the Yorkist capital.
I'll set up my attack, King's battle, usual PW. You can set up the French challenge, @Rico , ok?
French battle set up -- usual pw: FGM1

War Of Roses Turn 6b.jpg

Back