Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Wasteland 3

This game is diabolical! The devs keep the story entirely unpredictable.
Used enough brute force on Liberty and here monster 'bots to get her to surrender. She is now in custody.
I was expecting a little prologue of sorts and then the game would be over. Nupe! :shockaroona:
While heading back to Ranger HQ I met Angela Deth. There were 3 options and I chose to agree with her (guessing it would be entertaining) that Patriarch Bucanan must be
removed from power over Colorado. In his old age he's become a bit of a dictatorial tyrant (almost) as bad as the people I've been fighting. Unfortunately, he has supporters. In the ranger HQ.
They've taken it over! I need to get in to access the control room as there is a secret tunnel from the HQ to the middle of Colorado Springs where Bucanan is preparing his defense. Other avenues into
town have been blocked off. And...the only way to do that is get through HQ somehow and access 3 computers to unlock the control room.
-
My choice was not universally accepted. One of my team left for personal reasons. She was an NPC sniper heavily armed and kitted out. To make up for it Angela says she will come
along with me, but atm I have not gained access to her character and am one team member short.
Never a dull moment.
Then possibly I will take another path, just to see what happens!

Best...Prologue...Ever.
The end battle was a disappointment. Fought many a tougher ones to get there.
However, the prologue? OMG! Absolutely terrific.
It ties up everything Team November did in the game with what happens after that and why based on decisions I made.
I did not expect that. As a result, I'm now thinking maybe I should have made some different decisions.
If you like this genre, and haven't played it, your loss.

Last edited:
Mild spoiler alerts for Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4.

There were quite a few points in Wasteland 2 where it was not possible to help everyone.
You had to choose a group to help, and the other group ends up taking the dirt nap.
Not a judgement, but just an observation.

There were other situations where I chose not to help either, like that valley that was being contested.
Give the nuke to religious zealots or ruthless mercs? Hmmm. Screw you both.
But the game served me up a big pile of used sports socks as a reward for that decision.

As an aside, that kind of funneled story telling is what made me abandon Fallout 4.
I discovered - after many hours of gameplay - that I would need to essentially stab multiple groups in the back.
This, after helping them repeatedly and getting more involved in their stories.
From memory, it also included blowing up an underground lab filled with families. Nope.
Took the fun out of it for me. Don't enjoy roleplaying as a backstabbing psycho. Uninstalled, unfinished.

Back