Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

World of Tanks Roll Call

Spent waay too much money pimping out my holiday base camp. However, the end result is I am now getting 50% extra credits for every battle, win or lose.
So there's that.
-----
yq7oQDv.png

Thought someone parked a Panzer outside my brother's house.

Oh, my. Just watched a couple of videos on You Tube (Quacky Baby's is excellent) and can't believe I've not discovered this beastie before now. It's particularly troubling because I am a sniper at heart and have played many more TD's than were good for my win %. This may well be the best sniper TD in the game.
I'm not much of a fan of the Chinese line so that's my excuse. I did have a Tier VIII WZ that was similar and a premium as well for crew training. I'd glanced at this Tier IX, but saw little to recommend the grind just so I could get it and end up facing more Tier X's in battle.
Perhaps I was put off by the top gun dispersion rate of .40. Hard to be a successful sniper with accuracy that bad. One would expect it to be slow, and at 35Kph it is that, but the poor spec power rating makes that even look worse. So many excuses.
What I failed to notice is the top gun is a Tier X 152mm brute with a reload (after pimping) of 15 sec. It has an aim time of 2.34 and I even got the dispersion down to .34. With some upgrading I got the spec power up to 13+ and the camo rating is a decent 30 for sniping. Still nothing to write home about.
But there is. Oh, my yes! That 152 mm gun inflicts 750 alpha damage with AP rounds and a pen rating of 295 with standard ammo! Yikes. But wait, there's more. Shoot some HEAT rounds and the pen rate jumps to an astonishing 395! I bet there are less than 5 guns in the whole game that can claim that pen ability. Of course, there is a price and that is 6800 credits per shot. Dirt cheap under the circumstances since how many chances to fire do you expect to have anyway? With that kind of pen you don't even need to aim for weak points of yell "Russia!"
Oh, and frontal armor is 200 mm which is well sloped so some rounds will actually bounce and 1800 HP will keep you in the battle a while.
You're welcome.
Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you the Tier IX WZ 111G FT tank destroyer.
-----
WEhOZGV.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw the Quicky video as well. What a beast. I about crapped my pants when he talked about the 395 mm pen with the goldies. 295 mm is not bad with the regular rounds. I see you are sticking to your philosophy regarding brute force. Nothing subtle about your approach T-man, camo rating notwithstanding LOL...

Is it just me or is there more lag then ever. In my case I never really suffered lag issues until the last couple of updates. Anyone else seeing lag?

I am rarely in the zone these days, but it seems to me that the game favors one side or another. I see a lot of games where equal forces meet and one side seems to high roll and pen every shot and the other side low rolls and bounces. See it way more than I would think would be coincidental imo.

guys. i have tried to get into this the past three nights but am having a hard time. i am not looking to spend money on this game so I guess that will severely hamstring me on what I can do. i even play low tier tanks thinking somehow that will be more balanced. just seems like everyone has "juiced" up tanks and I cannot do shit as far as damage or kills. is there something I can do different?

I play mid tiers from 5-8 pretty regularly. I hover at about 47 % win rate. I have a tendency to go fill glaring holes left by my team, you know, plugging holes but invariably I get run over trying to hold the line. So what works is I play flanks, I now have started going with at least 2 other tanks. If they are smart, you'll mutually support one another. If not, they hide while you fight and get shot to hell, then they poach your kill after you've done the heavy lifting. But I play from the flank, try to stay hull down behind cover and hit folks with flank shots.

guys. i have tried to get into this the past three nights but am having a hard time. i am not looking to spend money on this game so I guess that will severely hamstring me on what I can do. i even play low tier tanks thinking somehow that will be more balanced. just seems like everyone has "juiced" up tanks and I cannot do shit as far as damage or kills. is there something I can do different?

It's pretty hard starting out as you will have stock tanks and shitty crews, and then there are the pathetic leeches called seal-clubbers. Not many, but enough of them to make grinding a tank at low levels less fun than it should be.

A couple of rules of thumb that may help you, don't be first, and don't be alone.

Use any and all cover, hide as much of your tank as you can, whenever you can. This means putting terrain, buildings, other tanks, wrecks, etc between you and the enemy, your armour is only your last line of defence - don't rely on it.

Play the peek-a-boo game, stay behind cover until you can pop out, aim, shoot, then get back behind cover. No reason to give the enemy a chance to shoot you if you're still reloading, especially if they reload faster than you do.

Stay alive as long as you can, if you have taken significant damage (ie more than 50% of your hitpoints) fall back behind friendly tanks, keep your gun in the fight - you can still do damage even with 1hp, a dead tank does no damage.
Also in this respect, keep in mind when the enemy tanks have shot, they will now be reloading, so you have a window of time in which to pop out and shoot them without risk of return fire.

Learn a tanks weak spots, tanks.gg armour models are very good for this. If you can't pen an enemy tank, after the battle, look up his tank and you'll know where to hit him next time! *Spoiler* Some tanks don't have weak spots, thanks WG!

@eniced73 I've not been there, but some time ago WoT created "Boot Camp." This is strictly for beginners and I assume teaches you basics and gives you a chance to learn details without it having any affect on your win-loss record, or any complaints from players about your skill level. Yeah, that happens once in a while. Develop a thick skin and ignore the toxic players. That's what your "Black List" is for.
Lower tier tanks are just woeful and a bad gaming experience guaranteed. Try to get some tier IV-V tanks asap. They will last a bit longer and players begin to understand and use tactics at those levels.
I would recommend paying for some premium time. It will earn you experience/credits 50% faster. It makes a very big difference early. You can buy it in increments so once you've gotten out of the lower tiers you can stop paying if that's your preference.
Come back and ask any specific questions. The sooner we can give you (more) helpful tips the more fun you will start having.
You Tube is a great source for all things WoT.
I'll try to explain hiding and shooting later.

Last edited:
Back