Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

2-on-2 Team Game ... Any takers?

Ladder is OK with me ...

I think I prefer Allies: but happy to play either side ...

Do we need ay more "rules" / agreements e.g. on artillery use (assuming we have any! I don't know ...)

It's a scenario. There will be no purchases. I also think that both sides can use arty as they see fit.

mTk and I are fine with Germans on defense. Why don't you Allies start us off.

OK (with ladder results also) ...

@Bill ... I seem to have volunteered us to be the Allies! You OK with that?

And, if so ... is it OK with you guys if Bill and I both open up the scenario from the allied side as a single player v the AI - but ONLY as far as the setup turn - to see what units we get and the map in full, to agree on how we are dividing up our units and the map real estate between us?

Or do you want us to stick only to starting off the PBEM game "for real", and seeing it only as it is revealed to us?

Either way, we are going to have to have a longish turn time at some point fairly soon for us to get our act together!

I'm happy for us - me - to set up the dropbox and kick off the turns for real when we get there ...

Bill, I'd also suggest that we have a dropbox between us only, to swap the part-turn files between us until they are finished and get loaded into the fully-shared dropbox?

Another question! (Not done this before ...)

Do you two guys - and @Bill ! - want to (try and) maintain a fixed sequence where one player per side always does the first orders, and therefore it is also the other player who always goes second, and loads the finished file into the shared dropbox?

Or leave it more flexible, and allow / expect either player from a side to be playing second and loading their turn?

Guess in some ways it doesn't matter ... just seems "more organised" somehow to follow the process if we always hand the file around in the same order?

And (sorry, second question!) is it OK to allow from the start that if one player is absent for a material period (e.g. vacation) then the other player can do both players' orders for a (limited) time to keep things moving? May not happen, but thought it worth agreeing a method now ...

OK, all good ...!

In line with all of the above, I'm going to begin by having a single-player look at the Allied set up for Colossal Crack ...

@Bill ... you Ok to do the same?

I suggest we have a conversation just for the two of us here on TFGM to discuss and fix our winning strategy :D ... and to cover any later game plan issues. You have any preference about going first or second in our turns? Let me know when you have had a look at the Allied side in the scenario, and we can discuss our force split.

I'll set up two drop boxes: one for just me and Bill to swap files, one for all four of us to swap turns.

We might want to revisit which scenario we play. This one has many unit/weapon description wrong and even some of the ammo load outs look incorrect. I'm thinking if this kind of basic info is wrong then what else could be wrong? So, I looked at another CMCW scenario and found the same errors. Is it just me?

Should we look at a CMBN scenario? DL something?

I've just had a look at the Allied (only) setup on my machine - cannot see any description or ammo load out (not that I'm an expert) issues ...

Are you sure it's not an incompatible mod issue, one not updated for v3.11??

God knows what it could be. Certainly no practical way for me to figure it out.

If you have mods, just temporarily move the z folder out of the data folder so that the mods don't run, then open the game ... if the problem goes away, it is a mod causing it ...

FWIW, people seem to have this problem with Vin's FoW icons ... because of how it interacts with the main programme it needs updating each time the game has a patch/change, and if that's not (yet) been done to make it work with v3.11 then any old version of it may well cause a problem like yours ...

I think you only had to do all of the "activate" thing with *either* 3.1/VP or 3.11, but not both ...

If you had the VP and 3.1, the activating etc was done then; applying 3.11 over that meant it wasn't required again.

If you passed on the VP/3.1 and went straight to the 3.11 patch, the activating needed doing then.

PhilM is correct about the activation process.

As for the battle should the Axis send the challenge to get the ball rolling?

Back