Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

2-on-2 Team Game ... Any takers?

I did say I would kick things off ... shall I put a first turn - will be password only, anyway - in the dropbox?

I'll do that unless anyone wants to wait? Bill and I can finalise our command arrangements during our setup turn.

Good news...CMBN is upgraded to 3.11.
Bad news...when I install the 3.11 over the 3.0 it deletes all my CMCW files.
And when I reinstall my CMCW module the CMBN game reverts to v1.10.
Rinse and repeat.
Stumped.

Just to check ... is the 3.11 install over 3.0 - as you say - or over 3.1 and the VP?

I ask because IF you don't have 3.1 and the VP - and 3.11 is the first install over 3.0 - then 3.11 is the place where you need to do all the re-activations of the old modules you have, to get them into the new copy protection system.

After you install 3.11 and re-activate the base game (3.0), you have to re-run the activation system to re-activate all the modules, one by one.

If you haven't done the module re-activations yet (?) ... is that why CW seems to disappear? It needs re-activating under 3.11 ...

Guys, thanks ... we now have your turn 002 in the shared dropbox ...

@Bill ... shall I do a provisional force split for us (but without my orders) using that file, and send it to you to look at; if you are OK with the split (or if not, of course!) let me know, and I will then add my orders for my guys, and send it to you again with my orders in, for you to add yours and then advance the turn for you to put 003 in the shared dropbox?

I'll begin splitting our forces, but let me know via our conversation if you want to change anything above ...

Idea. When loading a file to DB for play by your team mate add an {a} to the file name.
For instance -003a. That way we will only DL files w/o the {a} designate indicating the turn is done.

Thanks for the tip ... good idea.

You *should* (!) only ever see files from us that are OK for you guys to download as we are using a separate dropbox between the two of us to swap files around: only when we are finished should the last one of us (planned to be Bill) load a done turn into the dropbox you can also see ...

But it's still a good reminder on our side that it is an "unfinished" turn whilst it still has the letter suffix ... as long as we remember to take it off the final version we load up!! :D

@Bill .. you want us to use the letter identifier for our side? (Plus, you had a look at my suggested force split for us yet?)

Force split is OK.

You can use the letter identifier if you want.

Give your orders and lets get this battle started.

Good luck to all commanders.

@Bill ... I have put 003b containing my orders into our dropbox; when you are happy with your side, load the final 003 into the game dropbox ... :)

Back