Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....CORRECTION: Sorry, the post is too political, I am removing it. FYI, I am finding some interesting reports regarding the whole protest thing from both perspectives.

So, I am guessing you have better news sources in Canada? Share the links...
Honestly I have been watching and letting it fly by. I will try to keep a note in the back of my mind that if I see something interesting along these lines I'll share. I'm not sure Canada is a panacea or anything. I suppose that even though we care a lot about what our friends to the south are doing and feeling we are one step removed from being in it so there is less of a feeling in our discussion that points have to be scored.

My in laws watch CNN regularly - when the opinion talking heads come on I usually don't last long before I'm calling BS on their dumb ass opinions or their ridiculous live survey questions. I think one of the big issues is there is a lot of opinion piece shows on CNN and Fox. I don't care for that type of show and there are not as much of it on our CBC News Network - or maybe its there but I just don't watch it.

Sorry CC, not trying to be argumentative and combative. I am excited about a possible vaccine in the Fall.
Not taking it that way at all. I'm not trying to be combative either but argument is good - I mean logical arguments :) I spend a considerable amount of time discussing a lot of things with people. People who largely agree with me and some that really don't. I'm cool with any one coming in good faith with a point of view as long as they are willing to listen too and expect to be presented with counter arguments.

Oh and I expect and am cool with the same.

Honestly I have been watching and letting it fly by. I will try to keep a note in the back of my mind that if I see something interesting along these lines I'll share. I'm not sure Canada is a panacea or anything. I suppose that even though we care a lot about what our friends to the south are doing and feeling we are one step removed from being in it so there is less of a feeling in our discussion that points have to be scored.

My in laws watch CNN regularly - when the opinion talking heads come on I usually don't last long before I'm calling BS on their dumb ass opinions or their ridiculous live survey questions. I think one of the big issues is there is a lot of opinion piece shows on CNN and Fox. I don't care for that type of show and there are not as much of it on our CBC News Network - or maybe its there but I just don't watch it.

Not taking it that way at all. I'm not trying to be combative either but argument is good - I mean logical arguments :) I spend a considerable amount of time discussing a lot of things with people. People who largely agree with me and some that really don't. I'm cool with any one coming in good faith with a point of view as long as they are willing to listen too and expect to be presented with counter arguments.

Oh and I expect and am cool with the same.

You are a damn sight more logical than I am. I appreciate you educating me(us) and you are doing a good job "myth busting". I sincerely appreciate the content and context you have been providing.

I don't know about you, but I am excited to see they are close to a vaccine. I expect it might be next Spring before the average Joe can get one. But what I don't understand is if having a healthy immune system is critical in fighting the disease, why are we not seeing stories about treatment protocols or methods that would strengthen your immune system. My immune system is compromised, so I take a vitamin regimen that promote immune system health and I think when I got really sick last fall with something that had most of the COVID symptoms, that might have saved my ass. But I don't see much on immune system health in the media.

But what I don't understand is if having a healthy immune system is critical in fighting the disease, why are we not seeing stories about treatment protocols or methods that would strengthen your immune system.

There are some stories on that. Here are a couple:

It's mostly common sense advice like any old granny would dispense. Boring stuff like getting adequate sleep, eating your broccoli, etc. :)

But I guess that's the best we can do to generally strengthen our immune systems.

You are a damn sight more logical than I am. I appreciate you educating me(us) and you are doing a good job "myth busting". I sincerely appreciate the content and context you have been providing.

I don't know about you, but I am excited to see they are close to a vaccine. I expect it might be next Spring before the average Joe can get one. But what I don't understand is if having a healthy immune system is critical in fighting the disease, why are we not seeing stories about treatment protocols or methods that would strengthen your immune system. My immune system is compromised, so I take a vitamin regimen that promote immune system health and I think when I got really sick last fall with something that had most of the COVID symptoms, that might have saved my ass. But I don't see much on immune system health in the media.
It usually takes 5-7 years to develop a vaccine. You really gona trust Bill´s DNA altering vaccine that they blended in less than a year?
And the doctors are ordered to list covid as cause of death if the patient had symptoms of covid. Like the standard flu symptoms. Why you ask? because the more covid patient, the more money goes to the Hospital. Especially if patients are put on ventilators. They actually killed patients that way.
And why did so many people die in their homes? well I can name a couple of reasons. People were afraid to go to the Hospital in fear of they might catch Covid, and some were told to go back home because they didn´t show convincing enough symptoms. Hospitals were reserving the space for the "really" sick ones.
Oh, and did you nottice all those tick tock videos of doctors and nurses? Is that something you got time and energy to do during a so called pandemic if you´re a hospital staffer?
Thats like having soldiers a Stalingrad in 1943 making a documentary about the Volga and it´s wild-life.

"The main test used to diagnose coronavirus is so sensitive it could be picking up fragments of dead virus from old infections, scientists say.

Most people are infectious only for about a week, but could test positive weeks afterwards.

Researchers say this could be leading to an over-estimate of the current scale of the pandemic.

[...]

He believes the detection of traces of old virus could partly explain why the number of cases is rising while hospital admissions remain stable."

Last edited:

"The main test used to diagnose coronavirus is so sensitive it could be picking up fragments of dead virus from old infections, scientists say.

Most people are infectious only for about a week, but could test positive weeks afterwards.

Researchers say this could be leading to an over-estimate of the current scale of the pandemic.

[...]

He believes the detection of traces of old virus could partly explain why the number of cases is rising while hospital admissions remain stable."
One norwegian guy tested positive and then negative in two different tests on one day.

Virus are tricky aren't they; biologists can't even decide if they're a life form or not. It seems that reliably testing a person to se if they have an active virus is very problematic.
Another point is test availability. I know several.people here in Spain who had very clear symptoms but we're told to just stay at home and wait it out. They were never tested and, at the rate of testing here, might never know if they have had Covid or not.

Just to give you a heads up on we "front line healthcare workers"......yesterday I performed CT scans on two COVID+ patients. The first was a known positive, so I dressed out in all the protective gear, had the CT room cleaned afterwards, etc. The second was just a plain vanilla ER patient (from Mexico) with a cough. I wore no more protective gear than was dictated for such a patient (surgical mask and gloves), transported him from the ER to Radiology, scanned him, and transported him back to his ER room. I myself noticed that his lung images bore a resemblance to that of COVID patients, and the reading radiologist noted the same thing. Two hours later his COVID test came back positive, and everyone entering his room had to don full protective gear.

Just a day in the life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back