Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

EMPIRE BUILDERS: Field of Glory 2 Medieval Campaign - COMPLETED!!

@HOA_KSOP Calm down. :ROFLMAO: If what you say is true I'll go restart now.
Remember last time you panicked when you thought you had the vikings too?
----
OK, you're right. tried to delete this turn but unable to do so.
Do your turn and I'll try again next time.
---
In the interim I'm going to restart. Have to do it later as must leave for appt atm.
I did my turn or so I thought. I didn't panic, it clearly states my army is the Scots-Irish and that my opponent's army is the Vikings. I checked twice.

Get to it when you can, I can't get back on this until this evening.

OK, turn is back in your box.
This is going to be a lot different than the battles we've been fighting.
You may decide you want to come out and play rather than hunker down in those woods.

Hunkering down at the back of the map seems to be the defensive tactic du jour at the moment ... @Nathangun is also employing it in our game.

It's perfectly legit - perhaps a bit gamey (and a tad tedious) as it shaves off maybe 10 -12 turns or more wasted in having to march across most of the map to engage, severely cutting down the available time to actually fight and try and win the battle.

The Blues prevail in GRANADA. Whites are defeated 43%-6% Veteran Muslim Spearmen won the fray.
Indeed -- your vaunted Camel cavalry didn't even have to do much -- my spearman collapsed and ran all by themselves... lmao. -- well played.

GRANADA falls into the clutches of the nefarious BLUE empire who have conquista'ed all of Spain now.

FOG Medieval Empires Round 3e.jpg

1. SOUTH-EAST GERMANY - White attack from Hungary - @ Rico (Bohemian 1200-1319) vs @Nathangun (German SE 1200 - 1319)

2. SCOTLAND & IRELAND - Red attack from Norway - @mTk (Scots-Irish 477-899 AD) vs @HOA_KSOP ( Viking 790-899 AD)

3. GREECE - Green attack from Kingdom of Sicily - @Mad Mike (Sicilian 1200-1266) vs @Wellsonian (Italian (Guelf) 1200-1319)

4. GRANADA - Blue attack from Castille - @Badger (Berber (Almohad) 1121-1269 AD) vs @Rico (Castilian/Leonese 1200-1319 AD) - BLUE VICTORY

Last edited:
I am using guerilla warfare tactics, ambushing with archers from cover, then melting back into the jungles of Northern Europe. My only question is who thought a 32X32 size map was a good idea? It seriously limits the jungle size...

Fight for SE GERMANY getting down and ugly... took about 10 turns of hard marching just to reach "Festung Nathangun" :2charge: -- so far have managed to stove in his first line of defence without suffering too many casualties, but that final hill will be a tough nut to crack.

FOG2Medieval 2021-07-18 08-40-11-114.jpg

@Nathangun attempting to sneak some mounted knights through that break in the woods on the left -- rushed over some dismounted knights and sergeants to plug the gap -- hope they hold, so far only one unit of knights got out, not too bad.

Hope fully I can make up for the catastrophic loss of GRANADA. :)

Last edited:
Back