Release Date?

2 minutes and I'm off to fight in Italy. Will have to sit down and eat some pizza to get in the right mood and maybe a glass of vino!

I'm installing now, I think i smell an olive grove off to my right, all get back to ya.

Ok, I played my first little battle just to see how things worked, PERFECT nice game! Now if work will just slow down enough to actually play a Campaign and some PBEM then life would be good. Sorry Bootie you have to work tonight, I'm sure there will be some Vino left for you!

Games very nice... on the downside they had to move the pbem folders to my documents rendering H2HH useless for CMFI. Im sure they will fix it ASAP but as of now thats the only down side

DL done and all is in place. Only one page of scenarios, so I hope the designers out there get inspired.
Didn't see any conflict with CMBN yet.

FUUUUUUUU I have an evening shift today so no playing until I come from work at night tired... I guess I have to drink plenty of coffee and play trough the night.

Downloaded, installed and opened the game only to have to leave for work. But briefly...

I agree with Facman that the scenario list is surprisingly short but I like the sorting options. It's nice to finally be able to sort by battle size and length. They included five campaigns (two training and three "full" campaigns). I chuckled that they changed the button to start a battle from "OK" to "Fight".

In addition putting the Game Files (i.e., scenarios, incoming/outgoing files) and Mods in the My Documents folder, they split the game manual into two. One manual is for the CM Engine 2.0 (112 pages including the covers) and the other is for CMFI (82 pages including covers).

I'm traveling at the moment. So, I'm stuck using my laptop with the weak Intel HD 3000. I loaded one scenario (Catch a Tiger). While my graphic card stinks, I liked the map/terrain and new uniforms. UI changes are nice and largely subtle. I'm anxious to try the Target Briefly and Target Armor commands but that will have to wait until I finish work later today.

... I'm anxious to try the Target Briefly and Target Armor commands but that will have to wait until I finish work later today.

I've tried the Target Briefly option in the Firing Range training mission. I targeted one HMG against a bunker using the Target Briefly and another HMG targeted a second bunker just using the Target command.

The Target Briefly lasted 30 seconds before stopping. The length and gap between each burst matched the HMG ordered to continuously fire.

I also noticed that there is a new type of ammo for tanks. Well, at least the light tank you get in the Firing Range mission. It's designated in the gui as CAN, which I assume is an abbreviation for Cannister. Quite spectacular when it fires, but the two times it fired at some tank crews it caused no damage.

Played about half a scenario so far. First thought was: "Oh my god this looks hideous, mods are badly needed." Then I realised I hadn't changed the settings to bump everything up to best. Looked good but then I decided to enhance the graphics again with Nvidia tools. If you have a decent graphics card bump up to AA 8x via these tools and play around with some other settings. The difference in night and day. I can't believe the shadows are so crisp. (For a CM game). I had no hit on performance with my test but I am running a GTX580.

Bring on the CMBN 2.0 update.

Played about half a scenario so far. First thought was: "Oh my god this looks hideous, mods are badly needed." Then I realised I hadn't changed the settings to bump everything up to best. Looked good but then I decided to enhance the graphics again with Nvidia tools. If you have a decent graphics card bump up to AA 8x via these tools and play around with some other settings. The difference in night and day. I can't believe the shadows are so crisp. (For a CM game). I had no hit on performance with my test but I am running a GTX580.

Bring on the CMBN 2.0 update.

Used your first thought quote on the FGM facebook thanks.

Guess this is going to mean that all the CMBN turn rates are going to take a big hit huh? ;)

Back
Top Bottom