Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Who's up for a little FGM squad in Hell let Loose?

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought the game and while I'm still quite green, I learnt the basics now. It's clearly a game where it means a lot to have some good buddies to play with. Anybody up for it?

@Josey Wales @Lethaface @Concord @Butterblümchen @Bootie @Drifter Man @Badger73

seal-dance.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good.
There will need to be some coordination of time zones, depending on who is up for it.
For example, when we have ARMA3 get-togethers every Sunday, it's 7pm here, late morning in Europe, and an ungodly 6am in the US. :)

Sounds good.
There will need to be some coordination of time zones, depending on who is up for it.
For example, when we have ARMA3 get-togethers every Sunday, it's 7pm here, late morning in Europe, and an ungodly 6am in the US. :)
Yes, originally I thought of making it old world only. Also for ping purposes. But let's see what's possible.

I'd be interested as well, time allowing.

What times would be best for you? I'm thinking weekends probably, but might also have a couple of hours here and there on midweek evenings.

Last edited:
My hope would be to have fun with some good teamplay in a friendly atmosphere, where we try to stay alive and stay together and do our best to help our team win, but it's not going to be hyper competitive.

A Heads Up about the cheating

As mentioned other places in this forum, some people use cheats in PvP games.
Hell Let Loose uses Easy Anti Cheat, which works over time.
With HLL, Squad and Post Scriptum, I've noticed the EAC cheating follows a cycle of about 6-8 weeks.

2 weeks of very low cheating, 2 weeks of it getting worse, 2 weeks peaking, and 2 weeks cool-down. Roughly.
This probably coincides with the arms race of EAC and code publishers.

While it's not unusual to be shot by someone who you never even saw, sometimes it gets ridiculous.
You can often detect when cheating is rife, by individual moments, or when your entire team is struggling to make any headway at all.

While it can be extremely annoying, there are often ways around it.
Firstly, trying fresh tactics, like a broad flanking move by your squad.
If it continues to be a big problem and your gut is telling you there is something off, you can change servers.

Some servers are owned by clans with active admins.
I've read that one of the best in this regard is a server in Finland.
They ban dozens of players per week.

Luckily, the game is immersive and fun, which usually outweighs the bad stuff.
But you should be aware of it, so you don't get discouraged. @Bootie ;)
And of course, even at the low point of the cycle, it isn't unusual to be killed by a sniper or a hidden camper, or someone who has spotted you while you're unaware.

Right now, I feel that HLL is past the peak stage and the cheating is in the cool-down phase, but still noticeable, especially on some servers.

This is an example of seeing someone (on your own team) cheating. Firing at absolutely nothing visible.

This one shows what the cheater sees. ESP (all players visible and highlighted) and aimbot (aim locks onto enemy in sights).

There's no bots (NPCs) in the game, so we need humans.
If there were say, 20-40 FGM'ers wanting to play, then we could have a game on our own server (you can hire your own).
Or we could open it up to the public and have our own admins.
The admin role looks interesting - you can float around above the battlefield like a spirit and see everyone doing their thing.

If the goal is to have a practice/training session to learn some things, there are always free open servers around that have no players.
We could join for a session, have a chat about the mechanics of the game, adjust some settings and shoot some stuff up for practice.

P.S. By the way, there are some similar games around (set in WW1) with similar mechanics that DO have bots. Hmm...that might be interesting!

Last edited:
I own these two WW1 titles but haven't tried them yet...

Verdun

Tannenberg

Beyond the Wire is on my wishlist, but I don't think it has bots.

I played those a couple of years ago. Had good fun with Tannenberg mainly but lack of online players meant a pvp game was hard to get going.

We could join for a session, have a chat about the mechanics of the game, adjust some settings and shoot some stuff up for practice.
Yes, this is a good idea to make sure everybody has their microphone set up right and gets a basic feel for the controls. Strangely all the official servers have no players on them - maybe because cheating is rife there as there are no admins on guard to catch them. But that wouldn't matter for a little training session.

Back