Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Europa Universalis IV, a DAR

January 1631 - November 1681 cont'd

On mainland Europe France is attacked from all sides.

2015-04-29_00001_zpsgrljpfdr.jpg~original

In July 1671 Portugal ask for my assistance in a war against France. As I'm still suffering from stability and expansion problem I had to decline, alas Portugal dissolve our Alliance, I'll need to win their favor again.

2015-04-29_00002_zpshfaptnns.jpg~original

In the ledgers below, you can see the infantry and naval strength of countries, I was examining the French strenght, I was shocked to see that they had no navy ships.

2015-04-29_00003_zpsa2b0o8ow.jpg~original

2015-04-29_00004_zpsvetwhklt.jpg~original

The war is going badly for France.

2015-04-29_00006_zpsywbcooxr.jpg~original

The war ends and a league of nations is formed against France's future expansions, Ireland joins in this league of nations. France regains control of some of her occupied provinces.

2015-04-29_00007_zpsmuewhgdx.jpg~original

As a result of the war, Brittiny becomes an independent state once again, having been a French vassal for so long and propose a royal marriage with Ireland, this then becomes an alliance, I have an eye on making Brittany a vassal of my own in the future, Brittany have colonised several provinces in 'South America' right next to my newly acquired colonies. If I play my cards right, these lands might become Irish lands.

2015-04-29_00010_zpsnjj0jaie.jpg~original

Brittany's south American colonies, if I can get control of these, as they have great mineral wealth, it will put me in a strong position and among Europe's elite.

2015-05-31_00002_zps2e8y19qz.jpg~original

All of a sudden Holland/Netherlands have become close neighbours of mine, with the difference of religion and both becoming stronger, I see another rival for world domination.

Thanks for this Nathan.

I own Crusader Kings 2 but I find the text and icons too small and hard to read.

Perhaps I need reading glasses..doh!

Back